My surgery was a success too

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

My surgery was a success too

Postby kmjofga » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:01 am

Hi all,

I was just told about this new section. I will post my story later.. but wanted to say that at my one year detethering anniversary, my syrinx looks to have halted growing.

I do have other challenges that caused the syrinx and I will be on pain meds the rest of my life. But I am blessed that I am alive and still walking. I thank God that He was always there whispering in my ear to stand firm about my convictions that something was really wrong.. even when just about everyone in my life argued it was all in my head.

If you live in the Atlanta area and have a syrinx due to neural tube defects, I highly recommend Children's of Atlanta Pediatric Neurosurgeons. Very humble, kind and professional people. I have become close friends with person there and she and the staff there are my cheerleaders.
Martin Johnson
SM at T5 to my tailbone
TCS due to SB Myelo and Lipomyelo
Dermal Sinus Tract
Cervical Spondylosis
(3 Surgeries on spinal cord and spine)
kmjofga

Re: My surgery was a success too

Postby wendi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:27 am

That is wonderful. I am approaching my 1 year anniversary. I am so happy there are these wonderful drs out there that we are able to go to and get help. I am happy you are better and are able to post here to give others the hope that they need as they start this journey.

Take care,
Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to Share Your Success Story!