My daughter's & son's success strory

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

My daughter's & son's success strory

Postby reeree » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:23 pm

We found out, my daughter and son both had a Chiari after they found my Middle Cerebral Anerurysm. We then in the same year were diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
My daughter was 7 and had severe headaches and a lot of joint pain. Her Neurosurgeon watched her for about a year and it was progressing more every month so she had the surgery. She was up an running around 4 days after the surgery and now is 12 years old and very active. She occasionly has headaches and problems with the EDS but snothing like it was. Dr Scott Elton was a very caring and excellant surgeon. He has now moved from Ohio to practice in another state, so please look him up to see if he is now in your State.

My son's Chiari was checked often also and after 2 years, the neurologist said it had "disappeared". He said he had never had a case like his.

So here are 2 success stories and I am thankful for the wonderful doctors, surgeons and nurses at Natiowide Children's 1Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Keep your head up and things will get better.
reeree

Re: My daughter's & son's success strory

Postby *Hope* » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:18 am

Oh reeree, those are wonderful stories. What a turn around in just a few years.

I wonder if your son's growth spurts changed the crowding. I've often thought about growing kids and how if their skull could catch up to their brain, then they might have a chance at avoiding surgery. I know it's not the norm and you'd never want to avoid surgery waiting for that to happen, but in a perfect world us CMers would all have bigger heads. :lol:

Congratulation on having NOT ONE, but TWO wonderful stories to share.
CM1
*Hope*

Re: My daughter's & son's success strory

Postby selena » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:47 am

thats very motivational and inspiring!
selena

Return to Share Your Success Story!