momma3boys day of surgery

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

momma3boys day of surgery

Postby momma3boys » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Good evening everyone. It's6:45 and all is better in my world right now. Angie is out of surgery and in a room for the night. She did not have to go to the ICU like they said she might and that is a wonderful thing. It's been a long day but right now I don't care and all is happy in my world.

The day started out w/ paperwork and all of that fun stuff. We arrived at the hospital at 8am and Angie was in pre-op until about 10:30 and the OR nurse contacted us and told us that surgery started about 12:07. I finally saw Dr. Tew about 4:30 and he told me that everything w/ the surgery went fine. They were able to go in and "shrink the malformation" (I'm not sure what that means but I will try and find out tomorrow.) and open up the area so that everything will flow the way that it is supposed to so that's all good. She is currently in a room (NO ICU and I'M THRILLED) and she's in pain but she did want to get up and go to the bathroom instead of trying to use a bed pan. The nurses have been wonderful with her so far, Even when she got sick. Twice. Oh well, that's how she reacts when she comes out of anesthesia it seems. Beyond tonight I have no idea as to what the rest of the week holds for us.
Chiari Dx 10/15/08, PFD 12/16/08, CSF leak repaired 1/23/09, Occipital Neuralgia, still seeping CSF 1 yr post PFD

I wish I could forget all that I used to remember!!
momma3boys

Re: momma3boys day of surgery

Postby wendi » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:19 am

Thanks for posting. I hope by today she is doing even better. These kids are so lucky in that they heal so much quicker than us oldies. She is in my thoughts are prayers for a speedy recovery and all of her symptoms being resolved.

Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: momma3boys day of surgery

Postby amber4949 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:15 am

Hi. I was just wondering how your daughter is doing now that it's been a month and a half? I hope she is doing well and has had an easy recovery.
Amber
Chiari Malformation: 1 cm
Syringomyelia: 7 cm (C1 - C5)
Decompression surgery scheduled: 2/24/09
NS - Dr. Heilman Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
amber4949

Return to Share Your Success Story!