So Far, Very Good

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

So Far, Very Good

Postby kywildcat » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:41 am

Hello all,
My son Landen underwent decompression surgery this past Dec. 12th. He had CM herniated 12mm and a cervical syrinx that was 14mm wide. We went for our second post op appointment on Feb. 16th and everything looks great. His brain is where it should be and the syrinx has gradually shrunk to less than half the size it was pre surgery. I wanted to cry because I was so relieved at the results. Prior to being diagnosed with CM and SM he had no apparant symptoms. His was found incidentally after a football injury.

I understand the fear and uncertainty of this disorder. We did a lot of researching and praying about the appropriate route to take with him. Dr. John Tew is the neurosurgeon we chose and he performed the surgery. I would recommend him to anyone seeking help with this disorder.

Landen continues to be fine and symptom free post surgery. He was completely released to return to playing baseball for his high school team. He is a junior this year and starts varsity. I pray that God will continue to bless him! We will not return to the doctor for another MRI and evaluation for one year unless something arises.

Blessings to you all,
kywildcat
kywildcat

Re: So Far, Very Good

Postby Dakota's Mom » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:32 am

Yeah, yeah, yeah! :lol:

I am so happy for you, your family, and mostly for your son! It is always so nice to hear about the success stories! I hope that everything continues to go well.

Rachel
Mom to Dakota (11)--Neurofibromatosis, SM (C2-T8), Left Thoracic Scoliosis, Seizure Disorder, Autism with Cognitive Impairment, Osteoporosis, Hypothyroidism, Untethering surgery 5/08
and Joshua (8)--happy, healthy, and supportive brother
Dakota's Mom

Re: So Far, Very Good

Postby hazel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:28 pm

YAY! That's so wonderful. I can't understand how hard it must be for a mother to see their child so ill. Thank God they found his problem before the real damage was done. It's truely a miracle.
hazel

Return to Share Your Success Story!