WHOO HOO - - - I'M SANE!!!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

WHOO HOO - - - I'M SANE!!!

Postby hikealaska » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:00 pm

The insurance company had an insane requirement that I have a psych evaluation before covering the spinal cord stimulator. I had to have a PHD of their choosing interview me and validate that my pain was really medical and not psychosemantic. The interview was supposed to last an hour, it lasted 25 minutes. She told me that I was the most well adjusted chronic pain patient she had ever interviewed. She applauded me still working, praised my husband and son for being a great support system and said I undoubtedly had a great support system in all of you.

My husband said "Yes, the pain is real, but declaring you sane might be pushing it" Funny man.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Re: WHOO HOO - - - I'M SANE!!!

Postby Graciesdad » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:52 am

Congrats!! It must be very re-affirming to have such positive feedback from the INSURANCE'S Dr. Good for you!!! I hope the stimulator eases your pain and allows for an enjoyable holiday season. God Bless!!
Graciesdad

Postby wendi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14 am

Yahoo, Way to go! That is a kick in the pants to them. What? since you can't find anything to help it, you must be crazy? Geez, who would want to put in the SCS unless they had pain? Ok, well, maybe a crazy person would, but if you were faking your pain, you would not be working. Score one for the little guys! I am so proud of you Karen. I too hope the SCS helps you.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby chrisw » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Lmao, I have my doubts... :twisted: I think all this test shows is that your not making up the suffering, so you still may be nuts but your not a hyperconriact! Ha ha ha

Seriously, this was one of the first things one of my docs did and I keep a copy of a letter from the shrink to show every doctor who implies that I shouldn't be suffering...
SM, Chiari 0 (Rosner), Diagnosed 8/08 after car accident 6/08, Vitamin D deficent
chrisw

Location: Columbia, SC and lots of time near Blacksburg and Smith Mountain Lake in VA

Postby tennesseewalker » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:36 pm

I also had to see a neuropsychologist before I could get my SCS. At the end of the appt I asked him "why do they make me do this?" He said it's mainly to protect the doctor from people who expect 100% of their pain to magically disapear and want any excuse to sue for mal-practice. He also wants the patient to have a realistic expectation of how much the SCS may or may not help.

It really helped me, so after the temp, we applied for insurance approval of the implanted one. It took a week to get my approval.

I'm thrilled that you are trying the SCS. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby tattoodlb1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:34 am

Oh, I'm so glad to hear it....... !!!! Good luck with the implantation and I hope it all works out for you.
Syringomyelia entire spinal cord including throughout conus, Chiari ? Hemangioma T2, Multiple Tarlov cysts; Empty sella & degenerative disc disease entire spine.. severe Fibromyalgia (central cord hypersensitivity).
tattoodlb1

Return to ASAP Lounge