So PROUD of my Mother!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

So PROUD of my Mother!

Postby Amy Joe » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:32 pm

For the first time EVER my mother spoke up...she has every right to. I am so very very proud of her.

My dad has a very large & profitable heavy equipment business. They own the commercial property. Both my parents have worked very hard together to build this business together. Dad has so many friends, he's a master marksman...just an awesome father and guy HOWEVER he still @ 65 hangs out once a week with his buddies and my brother either at their local watering hole or the gun club.....

Well this really angers me but my mom...I am 44 and have never heard her this mad.

Dad, my brother, Dad's best friend Dave and my brother's welder Vinny were having a grand ole' time drinking today. The 3 of them let my father drive home so drunk that he drove his Excursion right into the garage door --- which was NOT open. He fell out and cut up his knee...he couldn't even get into the house, mom had to bring him in.

Mom actually called my brother, told him she was disappointed in him and held him personally responsible for allowing his father to drive. That she was ORDERING the 3 of them (Bobby, Dave & Vinny) to be at the house in the morning to fix the overhead door at their expense! OMG I nearly passed out when she told me. She has never spoken even an ill word to or about my "perfect" brother....she is very upset at him as she should be.

I told her how proud I was that she can speak up.....it's OK to tell your children including me if we disappoint or are doing something she doesn't agree with. THAT's what parents do! She is mad as hell but her voice was so empowering!! She needs that, to stop caudling my brother and father....I told her it's one of the reasons I left @ 16.

It's also OK after 45 yrs of marriage to kick my dad's butt for being an idiot. Largest state plowing contract and he acts like a jerk.

Well that's my rant... Gave me just a little joy inside for DD & I never did anything like that and ya know my brother was in the bag if dad was.....bad example to show his 3 kids that are all still at home!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Re: So PROUD of my Mother!

Postby wendi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:22 am

My hat is off to your Mom! What idiots! In PA if you have a CDL, there is zero tolerence for drinking and driving. Not .08, but .01! If you have a drop of booze, you lose your CDL and their goes your Dad's business as I am sure it is the same up there! A cab is much cheaper or he could have slept it off at the club.

I can't afford to drink and drive to my insurance license and securities license. I too would lose my business. If I want some cocktails, I drink at home, or have a designated driver.

Thank Goodness only the Garage door was hurt and your Dad only a little.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby *Hope* » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:28 pm

It's good that your mom finally said something. Sounds to me like the whole group of drunk drivers needed a wake-up call. I hope she held your dad responsible and not just your brother. Your dad surely knows better than to drink that much and then get behind the wheel. They're all lucky that someone didn't get killed. Geez. They need to have a designated driver for their once a week outing. Maybe your mother could volunteer to pick your dad up if he's going to hang on to this ritual. That might save them all a bunch of headaches and would keep the roads a little safer. I hope she stays on them to be smarter and safer!
CM1
*Hope*

Postby Amy Joe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Dad "claims" he's done! I kinda believe him this time....he reallt messed things up. Was shocked Dad allowed Mom to way lay and BLAST Dave in front of the guys...his responce, I aint his babysitter. No he's NOT. Mom told him Friends DON'T let Friends drive drunk....some kinda friend! Good for her!

Only time will tell. She would pick him up.

Thanks
Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Return to ASAP Lounge