A cause of B12 def?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

A cause of B12 def?

Postby dtyree » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Was digging through some medical records and found some stuff on homocystenemia. This is a genetic, inherited condition where there is too much homocysteine in blood plasma. As a result, patients have low B12 and B6. Also, same are predisposed for strokes, heart attacks and pulmonary embolism. It is found through a nutrition based blood exam. And there is no cure.

My medical records indicate mild homocystenemia. I also have had a stoke, have low B12, and pulmonary embolism (now on blood thinners for life). Interesting.
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Re: A cause of B12 def?

Postby razzle » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:06 am

Interesting wonder if thats wHY my NS put me in B12 and B6 right after he diax me , to prevent that. R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Re: A cause of B12 def?

Postby chiarithree » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:41 am

Good job finding that David, that's amazing!! And isn't it amazing that some of us patients have to become our own researchers ;0) Sometimes, I have had my docs look at me funny like "how the heck does she know that" RLOL. Had my infectious disease doctor (when I had the bovine rejection meningitis) tell me I should go into medicine as I had researched finding "mono" in the CSF, which they had never seen either.... she said to me "you would be good in research department" and "it's never too late" and she was serious lol. Good job though. Take care, Bridgette ;0)
www.chiari1dx.blogspot.com
Chiari 1 (7mm), Syringomyelia, PTC, Empty Sella, Familial Essential Tremor, UCTD, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Decompressed Dec. 09, 2nd Surgery Feb 10 due to bovine collagen patch reaction.
chiarithree

Return to ASAP Lounge