High Heels and Headache????

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

High Heels and Headache????

Postby kimbalock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:29 am

I am having a really bad 'headache' day today. It started last night right before bed. I could feel the pain radiate through my shoulders, up my neck and through the back of my head. Needless to say, it's my typical Chiari headache. I have been doing pretty good with the exception of getting mild headaches on an occasional basis. This one is kind of scaring me because it's much more painful and reminds me of the ones I had prior to decompression surgery. Now, the only thing I've done different that may have caused this is the fact that I wore high heels to work yesterday. This is something I NEVER do as I'm a teacher and am on my feet all day. I only did it because we had a dress up day with our kindergarten class. UGH!!! I'm really wondering if the high heels have triggered this. Anyone else ever have this problem? I can truly say that I won't be wearing heels to work again. I thought my only pain might be in my feet and, right now, that's the least of my worries.
Kim from Maryland
CM dx 2/08
Decompressed with craniectomy, laminectomy to C1 and expansile duraplasty using fascia latta on 4/2/08
Mild Scoliosis
Herniated discs at C5-6 & C6-7
kimbalock

Re: High Heels and Headache????

Postby Amy Joe » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:17 am

Yes in deed it could have. I hope your feeling better by today!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Re: High Heels and Headache????

Postby kimbalock » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks, Amy Joe.....the pain lasted almost two days but I seem to be feeling better. I really think that was a trigger, though, and I'll do whatever I can to avoid these triggers at any cost. I hope you and yours are doing well and ready for the holidays.
Kim from Maryland
CM dx 2/08
Decompressed with craniectomy, laminectomy to C1 and expansile duraplasty using fascia latta on 4/2/08
Mild Scoliosis
Herniated discs at C5-6 & C6-7
kimbalock

Return to ASAP Lounge