Syrinx & shooting head pain?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Syrinx & shooting head pain?

Postby Washington » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 am

Just wondering if anyone experiences "shooting pain" on one side of head? I regularly experience headaches and "pressure" in the back of the head. Recently, I had a strong streak of pain (few seconds) across the head like never before. This was followed by an intense multiple day headache. Trying to determine if this is related to syrinx and corresponding symptoms? Thanks.
Washington

Re: Syrinx & shooting head pain?

Postby razzle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:32 pm

could be related thats the thing , people get wierd off the wall symptoms. I got a tighten headache when I was diax. but I have chiari too. I get shooting pain inmy arms every now and then . Roz
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Re: Syrinx & shooting head pain?

Postby Linny » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:44 am

I too have shooting and stabbing pains in my head and constant daily pressure/pain at the base of my skull. My doctor says it is greater occipital nerve pain. I do not have a syrinx, only CM1 9mm, spurring at c5-6, Degenerative disc disease, mild scoliosis, Minears, etc.
Have a painfree day,
Linny
Linny

Return to ASAP Lounge