Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it SNOW!!!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it SNOW!!!

Postby Graciesdad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Here in Western "by God" Maryland it is SNOWING to beat the band!!! Just what the Dr (yes pun intended!!) to get in the mood for the Christmas holiday!!

Wishing EVERYONE no matter what your beliefs the VERY Merriest of Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!
Graciesdad

Re: Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it SNOW!!!

Postby wendi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:11 pm

We had a freak snowstorm yesterday morning in NE PA, they did not say we were going to get anything. We got about an inch which froze instantly to the roads. There were accidents everywhere. My 7 minute commute turned into 20,lol. It ended in about 30 minutes and the sun came out and mostly melted. I went to the Dr 30 minutes away and they thought I was lieing.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too!

I was asked today if I was ready for Christmas, I am sure it is bitter cold in MD as it is here in PA, I told the girl, I am ready for it to be over and spring to be here. Brrrrrr, I hate it and so does my cm.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby chrisw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:27 pm

I am driving back from court and a dr visit... 5 hour ride turned into 10 SO FAR... northbound 81 is locked down to a MVA. The temps are dropping below 25 so its going to start getting slick where the snow has melted and the trucks can't get to us because the interstate is bumper to bumper.
SM, Chiari 0 (Rosner), Diagnosed 8/08 after car accident 6/08, Vitamin D deficent
chrisw

Location: Columbia, SC and lots of time near Blacksburg and Smith Mountain Lake in VA

Postby Amy Joe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:02 pm

You all know how I feel about the snow............Bring it on for my Dad! Mom & Dad really need a good year plowing for our state!

I'll just stay inside, warm with my dogs!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby tinliz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:31 pm

I live in central NY and we got 40 inches of snow last week and another 30 or so this week and my school never closed! We had delays but still open even with schools all around closed. the good thing about having schools delayed it is light out when I drive in (at 6AM it is still dark) and today it was quite beautiful out with the snow clinging to the trees and the houses covered.....a winter wonderland! Sure the drive can be slow and a 38 minute drive can turn into a one hour but if you take your time and luck out to be following one of the snow plows it is do-able......but at this point it is only December and the weather is acting like January-February-March so spring better be early next year!!
tinliz

Return to ASAP Lounge