25 Days

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

25 Days

Postby hikealaska » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:17 pm

I feel a little bit silly counting days, but it is 25 days until the spinal cord stimulator gets "installed". I am nervous about no more MRIs. BUT, the trial so greatly reduced my pain I cannot resist pressing forward. I would do ANYTHING to get relief. I feel as though there is not much else an MRI can show. I have a screwed up spine, neck, skull, brain. What else is there to know? That there is ONE more thing wrong with me. . . I don't even want to hear it. I just want the pain to go away. The trial didn't eliminate it, but reduced it so much I could smile and laugh again which I haven't done in more than 5 years. SO, bring it on JANUARY 21, 2011. . . . CANNOT WAIT!!! 8) 8) 8)
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Re: 25 Days

Postby tennesseewalker » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm so happy for you! I'll help count the days.

The wait between the temp removal and the perm implant seems like forever, but it passes. And then you feel so much better!

Mary
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Re: 25 Days

Postby wendi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Karen:

I did not know that the SCS helped you. I am so glad to hear that. I don't think there is anything to take it away completely, but feel lucky that it worked as well as it did because for some people it does not work at all. Hang in there. You will be in my thoughts and prayers till your date arrives.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to ASAP Lounge