Great Quote

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Great Quote

Postby drummergrl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I recently came across an article on illness and the guilt patients often feel about what their sickness means for those around them. I'm sure this is a topic we've all struggled with at one time or another, so I thought I'd share.

"I think it is fine to regard sickness as undesired and to work with all effort and intelligence toward reducing its severity and duration. We must not reject it as something that should not happen, however, nor interpret it as any sort of statement about our worth as human beings. Sickness does not mean; it just is."

The last part, especially, hit home hard. "Sickness does not mean; it just is." That struck such a chord with me and I've found myself repeating it in my head all day. Instead of wasting all of my time wondering why I have SM or how much it's changed my life and my family's lives, I should simply be focused on working to make it manageable. Sounds like I've found my New Year's resolution! Hopefully this will brighten your day as much as it has mine.
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Re: Great Quote

Postby kiminfla » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Thank you for sharing! I love to read inspiring quotes! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby tennesseewalker » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Thank you so much for sharing.
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby karenb » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:24 am

That sounds like a great New Years Resolution for all of us!

Karen
karenb

Postby ratherjust_beme » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:18 pm

I like that quote so much I think Ill put it up on my bathroom mirror so I see it every time Im in the bathroom!! I love quotes of all kinds....short little blurbs of words that mean and say so much! Thank you for sharing~
sheila
ratherjust_beme

Return to ASAP Lounge