So Thoughtful!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

So Thoughtful!

Postby wendi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:55 pm

I was at the dentist this week. He has been my dentist for over 20 years. When my dog Dee Dee had her first litter of puppies, they took one we named after the father, our other Dog, Shorty Long Jr. They shortened it to just Shorty. This was their first Doxy and loved him to pieces. They took him camping and their 2 kids who were about 7 & 9 at the time loved him too, but he really held a special place in my dentist's wife's heart. He got hit by a car at 7 months old. They had him tied up after a camping trip while unloading the car and he got loose and chased an animal into the street. The people did not stop. Poor Maureen was just heartbroken and so was I when I found out. This was about 11 years ago. About 6 months later they were down the shore and saw another wiener in a pet store window and the daugher and Maureen just had to have her, so they brought her home and named her Shorty.

While I was at the dentist, I told him that Dee Dee had passed away and just now when I went to get the mail at the office, there was a card from his wife for me. She is so sweet. They lost there other Shorty this past October, I just found out from Cancer. We love these guys so much, but they sure break our hearts when they are gone, but it helps when there are humans who get it. I also got a card from the compound pharmacy who made her pills right after she passed which was sweet. It took her vet 2 weeks to send a card. It makes you wonder.
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: So Thoughtful!

Postby Amy Joe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:07 am

There are many wonderful people! Perhaps Maureen would be a good candidate to foster??

So sorry for both your looses.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Re: So Thoughtful!

Postby wendi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:35 am

She is already looking into that as they have a huge barn and only 1 horse, much to her DH's chagrin. She so wants a barn full of wieners,lol. If this happens, I am going to have to go out there and see them! She is such a wonderful woman. You just never know where kindness will come from do you?

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to ASAP Lounge