Sorry not been around much

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Sorry not been around much

Postby Amy Joe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:17 am

Oh what a crazy holiday. My BIL was in a MVA early Nov., broke his knee. I was his driver for weeks. That really wiped me out. My good friend Suzie, also my Animal Control Officer landed in the hospital for a little over a week. I was with her nearly every day, bathed her...sneaked her out for a smoke!!

BIL can drive and Suzie is home. I think I was running on adrenaline because again my body crashed....

I haven't been able to walk the dogs on leashes, 3 days per week I drive them to a state park (closed for the winter) and let them run off leash for an hour. This seems to be better then a daily walk! Better training also. They also get their yard to run in ALL the time!

I am waiting for my sleep study evaluation appt. on the 19th. Then back to my pcp to discuss genetic's evaluation. I have been wearing my neck brace plus have needed to add my right knee wrapped.

I started a daily log book of everything I do, pain levels ect. When I go to my pcp I will have him look it over, don't know if it will help or not. Perhaps it will back fire for he might just say.....see you do to much!

The kids are good! David Jr is finally moving forward..work on the basement walk out studio apartment is well under way. Liz is giving up her apartment to Jr. She feels with the 4 dogs, all the noise she will sleep better down there. They are extra noise damping for her. A bonus for her she will have much more privacy.

Liz has a new boyfriend, Kit! He is quickly becoming a part of the family. They see eachother a couple times per week. He is 8 yrs older then her, lives with his mom, has a 12 yr old daughter that both he and his mom have raised since birth...ex-girlfriend left after hospital discharge from birth. He is extremely protective of his daughter...also named Liz.

Sorry for not being around much to welcome new people and encourage my long time friends...still a battle with my body but I am moving forward!

Love to all
Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Re: Sorry not been around much

Postby chrisw » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:45 pm

You are SORELY missed! Ha Ha Ha!

My family is pushing me to go to some group therapy so I will accept that I am disabled and don't do too much myself. I have to say, I would rather live my life, doing too much, and suffering for it later rather than being a miserable couch potato! I guess we all need to find the balance that is best for US!
SM, Chiari 0 (Rosner), Diagnosed 8/08 after car accident 6/08, Vitamin D deficent
chrisw

Location: Columbia, SC and lots of time near Blacksburg and Smith Mountain Lake in VA

Postby aspen13 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 pm

I aam glad things are calming down. I wanted to comment on the dogs. I went ice skating yesterday and fell on my hip/knee, after a couple minutes on the ice, I tripped my self, lol. Anyways I skated for an hour and was in a lot of pain from it. Its the side I am having hip surgery on. I was feeling bad about our puppy, Orion, and me not wanting to walk him very much, so I took him to a dog park for an hour. He had a blast and got so dirty, so I took him to the groomers for a bath. All in all it was 5 hours and it was better for me that I didn't have to walk him very hour or so for a potty break. Thank goodness for dog parks, I think when you're in pain they are great, so you can sit and let them play in a safe environment.

I hope you feel better soon!
CM DXed in 2004 - 9.3 MM herniation
Pineal Gland Cyst DXed in 2008 - 11 MM
Degenerative Disc Disease L5 and S1
Hyperreflexia
aspen13

Postby phyrehawke » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah, I too have not been around much! It was a very busy holiday season for me and I overdid it as well. I'm actually starting to get worried about where this is going. Pain patches and pain gels and pain meds and nerve blocks, and I still hurt some, can barely move my neck, hurts to pick just about anything up. I think this is not good, but at least the medications help make it tolerable. I expect between moving and the holidays I've got my syrinx upset. Yep, it's tricky finding that balance between couch potato (which I just cannot do) and overdoing it. It takes so little to overdo it these days, and I can feel the frustration building. I'm so glad we all have a place to vent where we can be understood! As well meaning as my friends and family are they just really don't get it, and in a way I'm kinda glad they can't relate.

I'm glad you can get out enough to give your dogs some joy running around Amy, and I hope you get some answers from the medical tests!
It's good to see you around!
Rozanne/phyre
"A path of awakening would never suggest that we should be a passive and unwitting spectator of our own repeated disasters, but should turn the power of our attention to untangle the web of complexity." Christina Feldman
phyrehawke

Postby Amy Joe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:45 am

@ Chris...it really is a fine line we travel. I hear ya on the resistance of group therapy for over doing it. It never seems as tho I over do things for ME, I do for others....

@ Kim....be careful on that ice. I am finding that taking the dogs to a park and training is much more productive then walking them individually. They are bonding more. I love walking in the woods, it's a peaceful time. Bonus is when my son comes with me, we get to spend time together.

@ Rozanne.....Now that the holidays are behind us, perhaps things will calm down. I pray your neck feels better! I would be lost without my family here. Such a safe place to empty our heart & mind of fears and anger!! The last week of driving my BIL around was a killer...just doing dishes fatigued me. Starting to regain some strength back by long rests.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby tinliz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:08 am

Good to read Amy Joe and Rozanne that all is well with the two of you....was wondering where you have been. Nice to know that things are settling down and that progress is being made on the medical front even if it is small steps.

The most important thing for me is to listen to my body....with that being said I really need to make an appointment with my ns who I have not seen since 10/08 which was 7 mo post op. He left me back then with a call when you need to and I think I need to. I don't have a lot of issues but when I wake up with back head pain in the middle of the night and it continues into the day that might be a reason to call. That, along with headaches and eye spasms (and other things) I figure he would be the place to start. I am not on any meds except for ibuprofin which I take at night so I can sleep (which does not appear to be working) so I know I am lucky in that regards. sorry.....I feel like I am complaining and I don't mean to....but I know it is safe here. If I mention anything to the d?h he gets all paranoid and I can't deal with that on top of my health!

So...... Amy Joe and Rozanne....good to have you both back! Have a great day and enjoy your weather where ever you are....it is snowing in upstate NY at the moment!
tinliz

Postby marymac » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:56 am

I'm glad you are back as well. Sometimes I log on and nobody I know is around - case in point

Tinliz, spent 15 years there trying to define the "snow belt". It seemed to follow me. Hope you can enjoy the days and start sleeping better.

EVERYBODY: take care and keep up the good fight.
love hugs and smiles, fake or real

Marymac
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Return to ASAP Lounge