Australian Floods

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Australian Floods

Postby kirafaye » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:59 am

As some of you might have seen the North eastern side of Australia has had severe storms resulting in the biggest flooding in over 100 years covering an area bigger then France and Germany combined. I am personally only partially affected thanks to not being able to work because Queensland's major city is closed off, electricity has had to be turned off in many places due to water levels being so high and dangerous. Certain areas even had an inland tsunami.

I hope anyone else in the area is coping alright. I have fellow chiari friends evacuated, getting food and meds air flighted in. I am not sure about the rules about putting donation links, but for those interested if you search for the Queensland Government + Floods you will find a reputable government site. We are still waiting for the worse even though rains have subsided as the run off is hitting us.
Australian CM/SM/EDS sufferer.
www.chiariaustralia.com - My page for Australian sufferers.
www.kirafayescorner.blogspot.com - My beauty/makeup Blog
kirafaye

Re: Australian Floods

Postby wendi » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I am glad to hear you are OK as I have been worried about you and the rest of our friends down under. I have been praying the rains will stop. You and the poor people in California have had enough!

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: Australian Floods

Postby kirafaye » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:16 pm

The past 3 days have finally been sun and we are slowly going down with water. The clean up is beginning now and so many people are without houses, we even lost an entire bridge and the city centre is saturated so things are going to be slow to get back on their feet. The unfortunately part is some people in particular areas are not insured for flood because of where they are located and have now lost everything but the shirt on their backs.
Australian CM/SM/EDS sufferer.
www.chiariaustralia.com - My page for Australian sufferers.
www.kirafayescorner.blogspot.com - My beauty/makeup Blog
kirafaye

Return to ASAP Lounge