it is hard to take care of self

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

it is hard to take care of self

Postby debh » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:15 am

i was doing so well until my layoffs at my job -now left alone to do 2 people jobs-i don't trust myself -i want to do a good job-but the stress last night sent my sympthoms in overload-i can feel the stress now before going to work-i am going to the doctor and going out on medical because they do not care if i hurt myself-i am scared that i will hurt myself-i can't do it and get over the feeling of guilt to take care of myself-i am single and my own breadwinner -i want to work but not like this-it is not worth it-no one else pays my bills-i cried all last night because physically i was doing okay-and history shows i have hard time dealing with stress-i came home in so much pain-physical and emotional-it is just hard sometimes to say it is okay to take care of myself-yes? thanx for listening it helps ya know
debh

Re: it is hard to take care of self

Postby chrisw » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:54 pm

We need to start a lottery pool so we all can be rich and not have to worry about money!

I am so sorry things are ao rough for you right now. Stress is a huge killer and todays business culture just doesn't seem to care about the #1 assets of any business, their employees.

You should never feel guilty about putting yourself and your health first. Forget wealth and riches, our health is the most important thing! You have to take care of yourself, because no one else will!

I wish you the best of luck!

Hugs,
chris
SM, Chiari 0 (Rosner), Diagnosed 8/08 after car accident 6/08, Vitamin D deficent
chrisw

Location: Columbia, SC and lots of time near Blacksburg and Smith Mountain Lake in VA

Postby tennesseewalker » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:32 pm

I vote yes on the lottery thing too.

debh, you need some distraction. Find a great book and get absorbed. Personally, sudoku has helped me because I have to concentrate on it.

Distraction from thinking about the negative effects of work, pain, etc. allows you to relax, and relaxing can lower your blood pressure.

Tell your boss you can only do what you can do, that you'll do your best, and leave it at that.

Take a DEEP breath, let it out SLOWLY. Do this three times. This exercise has always helped me to relax.

Hugs to you,

Mary
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby chrisw » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:41 pm

If you don't have this book I strongly suggest it! It is written by Ann Berger, the current head of the NIH pain clinic

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1594860122
SM, Chiari 0 (Rosner), Diagnosed 8/08 after car accident 6/08, Vitamin D deficent
chrisw

Location: Columbia, SC and lots of time near Blacksburg and Smith Mountain Lake in VA

Postby karenb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks! I've added it to my wish list...

Karen
karenb

Postby youngwife » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:32 am

I agree. You can only do what you can only do. (((HUGS)))
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Return to ASAP Lounge