Hip Surgery Tomorrow

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hip Surgery Tomorrow

Postby aspen13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi All!

I am having hip surgery tomorrow for hip impingement (Femoracetabular Impingement). The doctor is removing 5mm-8mm of bone from my hip socket and 3mm-5mm from my femoral neck. Wish me luck.

BTW, I have had crazy head pressure the past 1.5 weeks or so, maybe it's stress. After two minutes on crutches practicing I got a headache, I will be on crutches for 4-6 weeks...

Hopefully the Percocet will help with the head pain as well as the leg pain.

Kim
CM DXed in 2004 - 9.3 MM herniation
Pineal Gland Cyst DXed in 2008 - 11 MM
Degenerative Disc Disease L5 and S1
Hyperreflexia
aspen13

Re: Hip Surgery Tomorrow

Postby razzle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:17 am

wishing u the best and keep us posted . R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby angie7 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 am

Good luck! I've been there, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Take it easy and don't push it!
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby chrisw » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 pm

I have been thinking of you the past couple days! I hope it went awesome and the recovery is going well!
SM, Chiari 0 (Rosner), Diagnosed 8/08 after car accident 6/08, Vitamin D deficent
chrisw

Location: Columbia, SC and lots of time near Blacksburg and Smith Mountain Lake in VA

Postby aspen13 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi all. I think the surgery went well. The doctor said i was worse then expected and it was good i had the surgery. Part of my labrum was calcified and had to bed removed. My socket waz impacting my femur so much it causec a divit in the bone. The first night was bad and i went to the er with pain and bleeding and fluid leaking...a lot. Once the fluid leaked the pain from ghe pressure went away now my leg just hurts to move and i have no strength. Its hard to find a comfortable place to sleep. I hear so many different recovery processes mine is jyst crutches and ice no pt for weeks and limited movement. My whole body achds hopefully that will go away soon. I will keep u all posted
Hyperreflexia
aspen13

Postby wendi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:12 am

Hi Sweetie:

Glad to hear all went well. Sorry I was not here to wish you good Luck, but I was having trouble logging on and finally made it in. I hope you mind your manners and rest, rest, rest. Take your meds and rest some more. I am glad you had this surgery when you did, sounds like you needed it. Maybe this is one less thing to worry about.

Take care,
Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby aspen13 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi wendi thanks for the wishes. I am still doing okay and not on any pain meds only tylenol and only as needed. My leg is just so tight and swollen which isnt comfortable. I did get out of the house today and went to target for 30 min and my leg hates mes for it but my sanity is pleased. Ay least i am learning my limits. I hope all is well and happy valentines day.
Hyperreflexia
aspen13

Postby kiminfla » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:39 am

Kim, I hope things improve for you daily as you recover! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to ASAP Lounge