Spinal Cord Stimulator Update

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Spinal Cord Stimulator Update

Postby hikealaska » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Well, it has been about 6 weeks since I had the permanent spinal cord stimulator installed. I still have pain every day. BUT, it is manageable. I don't need the narcotics, I still have to take the Baclofen. There are days that the burning way up high is pretty bad still, and ways that I move my neck that the pain will still take my breath away. But overall, day in and day out, I am so much happier. I am an active participant in my life again. I have to remind myself to moderate. I danced with my husband for the 1st time in 7 years a couple weeks ago. I feel like my old self. It feels like right when the symptoms 1st started and they were not as severe. My husband and son keep saying things like "I remember you" and "It is so good to see you smile".
I know it doesn't work for everyone. But, for me, life is worth it all again.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Re: Spinal Cord Stimulator Update

Postby tnglitter » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:07 pm

I am SO happy to hear this! Major Congrats and thanK you so much for sharing. The SCS is one option I'm currently considering in changing my pain management from drugs only.

WAHOO! It's good to be you again, isn't it?
T Spine SM T8-T12 (9 mm) Syringopleural Shunt & Laminectomy T10/T11 5 Jan 09
C spine Disc bulges/canal narrowing/DDD
L spine Spondylosis/DDD

Mom of 3 daughters & MiMi to 2 grandsons & 1 granddaughter
tnglitter

Postby tennesseewalker » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm so glad to hear this from you! Welcome back to life!
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby wendi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 am

Wow! That is wonderful and just remarkable to hear. It sure sounded so hopeless and you now bring hope to others who are in the same place you were in. Fancy that? Dancing with your hubby. Isn't that just the best thing ever? I am truly happy for you. Be careful, so you don't hurt yourself because you feel so good and enjoy yourself.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to ASAP Lounge