Vascular Ultrasound

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Vascular Ultrasound

Postby razzle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:23 am

Has anyone had this test and if so what prompted you to have and what were your sympotms? Thanks
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Re: Vascular Ultrasound

Postby wendi » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:48 pm

I think I had this when my Gyno put me on hormones when she thought i was perimenapausal and was having leg cramps and they found out I smoked which was in my file. I did not really want to be on hormones and they were looking for blood clots I believe. I was a little embarassed because it was a male tech and they go right up your leg to your groin.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby razzle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:21 pm

so really no symptoms .
my legs ache , not cramps . They have free tests here to have it done , hubby wants me to do it . and yes I SMOKE :lol:

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby tennesseewalker » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi Roz,

No harm in having the test done. If it's poor circulation, you'll want to have it addressed.

Low blood calcium can make your legs ache too.

Mary
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby medicpt » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:24 pm

I have had a couple, one during pregnancy to rule out DVT (clot), thankfully negative. Another about a year ago for analysis of my kidney vessels for fluctuating blood pressures, and other funky symptoms. They were checking for fibromuscular dysplasia.... not looking likely at this time by ultrasound.... Still have undiagnosed symptoms. I agree with mary.... get it checked, it may be something that needs to be addressed.... they also may recommend that you stop smoking... but you probably already guessed that. Often it is used to check for vascular insufficiency... when the valves in the leg vessels get weak and blood may backflow through the valves.. can cause aching, varicose veins, and swelling of the feet. In later stages it can cause open sores. However, when detected early the "offending" vessel can be removed and alleviating many of the other problems.

Best wishes, hope everything is A-OK.
Wendi2
medicpt

Postby wendi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 am

Since it is noninvasive and free, have it. The problems it can find are life threatning. I no longer take hormones and won't. Menopause is a stage of life that I have to go thru and since breast cancer already runs thru my family, I don't need to add to it with hormones. Also, I know the smoking is no good, but my nerves are bad and quitting is not an option right now.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby razzle » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 am

thanks everyone . Thinking about getting it done .

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to ASAP Lounge