Great News SSD

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Great News SSD

Postby keggler 1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:17 pm

I appealed the Administrative Law Judge's (ALJ) decision to the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR) in 11/08 and on 3/11 they overturned the ALJ .The Appeals Council Action states: "In your case, we found that there is new and material evidence and the decision is contrary to the weight of all evidence now in the record".

This judge is the one that said and I quote "Son,you don't have a big ole head....How can you have Hydrocephalus? "I never gave up,always kept good records,with a time line. Mine goes back, from the time I was Dx in 1999.(Interesting reading)

They sent all my records to a outside retired NS and he may have helped alot of people with Chiari.In the rules they applied section,it said there is a broad policy or procedural issue that might affect the public interest.

Just wanted to let you all know it may take time,but don't give up.

Later...Jerry in Carolina...
ACM S/M BI Hiatal Hernia EDS III Successful PDF 2007 Dr Rosner
keggler 1

Re: Great News SSD

Postby wendi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Does this mean you are getting DI? I hope so. Congrats!

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby keggler 1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 pm

I reapplied after I was turned down and was approved in 3 or 4 months.I've been getting SSD since 2009,this goes back to 2005 until 2009.They said they found no basis for disturbing the favorable decision made,and only focus on before I went on SSD.They said they were moving the disability date back to my 55th birthday in 2007.

This is the last stop in reapplying in Falls Church,VA

Later...Jerry in Carolina...
keggler 1

Postby wendi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 am

That is great news. I hope they have to pay you interest too!

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby marymac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:02 am

Good for you and thanks for encouragement. I was denied twice and now am trying to get an attorney: they seem to only want disability from comp cases. In your notebook, did you record every day? I recorded the doctors appointments and the papers from the first two tries. Thing now is the mind fog: can't remember the end of a sentence before I spit it out.
Congratulations. Your perseverance is invigorating. Thanks for sharing.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby keggler 1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Mary...I kept a journal,and note pads.I document all appointments,like I said in a timeline,like a spread sheet.That way it tells its own story,I picked this up from a older friend named Penny on another group.It shows progress after my PFD,but also shows problems with balance and vomiting for months after operation.I didn't have a lawyer,and it probably would have been easier with a lawyer.

Again keep on trying.....Jerry in Carolina...
keggler 1

Postby karenb » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:35 pm

Jerry,

Great news!!!! I'm so happy for you!

I second what you wrote - keep notes of everything / get copies of all MRI results / get copies of all MD notes. And it can be very helpful to have a pain journal as well (day-to-day notes of where, how severe, how disabling, etc.).

Karen
karenb

Postby kiminfla » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks for sharing the FABULOUS news! I'm SO happy for you! Be blessed my friend, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby youngwife » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Jerry,

Your diligence certainly did pay off. Congratulations! Way to go!
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Return to ASAP Lounge