Storms in the Carolina

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Storms in the Carolina

Postby keggler 1 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Just got back from the coast (Myrtle Beach) and as soon as I got home thunderstorms,tornado warnings,hail the size of golf balls,in a a matter of a few hours. The storms keep rolling by on top of the same areas,between Charlotte and Rock Hill SC where I live.The watches have been extended another hour.

My head feels like a big balloon,that's going to pop.Sorry for the whining,but this reminds me of Florida,high tomorrow here 89,and I no more storms.Well at least we need the rain.

Later...Jerry in Carolina...
ACM S/M BI Hiatal Hernia EDS III Successful PDF 2007 Dr Rosner
keggler 1

Re: Storms in the Carolina

Postby karenb » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi Jerry,

I wasn't on-line Sat night because we were having 60-70 mph wind storms here (WITH DIRT... TONS OF DIRT). I was feeling my own pain, and hiding from the world...

Hope all is better, now.

Karen

P.S. Since moving, I've discovered that my little kitty (actually a rather elderly light-weight cat) is also allergic to dust - every so often she sneezes this little miniature sneeze and nearly knocks herself off whatever piece of furniture she's on...
karenb

Postby Kate456 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Talk about storms in the Carolinas! I spent part of this afternoon huddled in a bathtub with pillow nearby ready to get under them as the tornado emergency warnings blasted on the radio! All I could think about was that if our house was in the destructive path of the storm no debris better fall on the back of my head and mess me all up now that I am finally over the worst part of the recovery from surgery!!!!!

Wouldn't that be a cruel joke from Mother Nature! Now, an hour later, the sun is shining again....weird....
Kate456

Postby wendi » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:48 am

I do hope all of you in NC are safe and sound. I can only imagine the pain that kind of barometer drop brought you all. I am thinking and praying for all of you.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: Storms in the Carolina's

Postby keggler 1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Hello-----Worst outbreak of storms in 50 years....23 dead and many hurt and homeless. Thanks Wendi and yes pray for the victims,and another round of storms are expected for the next 3 days.My wife was so worried about me and my HA's, and inability to sleep during them.

Thanks again....Jerry in Carolina's...
ACM S/M BI Hiatal Hernia EDS III Successful PDF 2007 Dr Rosner
keggler 1

Postby kiminfla » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Jerry, Prayers that you and your family stay safe during the storms. I know what you mean about Florida, I live here and sometimes do ask myself WHY? Please keep us posted as to how you're doing. Be blessed my friend, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to ASAP Lounge