Could use some support

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Could use some support

Postby June » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:48 pm

The time has finally come. DH goes into the hospital Monday AM for deep brain stimulation surgery--part 1. His Parkinson's has been really bad for the past year, and the docs tell us this surgery may be life-changing for him. I hope so. But it comes in 3 parts--3 consecutive Monday mornings--two sides of the head and then implant the battery pack in the chest. He will stay in the hospital Monday nights and go home Tuesday mornings.

I have no idea what to expect. I've been told that he won't be allowed home unless he is OK, so we don't have anyone coming in to take care of him. I can fix meals and change bandages, and food is being delivered, so I think we are OK. But I tell you, I am scared.

If you've got any good vibes to spare, please send them our way.

June
June

Re: Could use some support

Postby razzle » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:34 am

WILL be praying for him and a speedy recovery
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby marymac » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:19 am

Hi Ho June:

You've always been so supportive for me, I'd like to return the favor. My goodness you sure have a lot on your/your husband's plate. If you want to chat, email is good. Otherwise, I know you to be very caring and it sounds like you've got it covered, with the food. Maybe you could get someone in to flip the mattress or clean the whole house at once. We'll be sending telepathy and love for his recovery and your fortitude. Be well. Best of luck. Please let us know how he is making out, in you spare time, haha.
Hugs and fake smiles
Mary
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby June » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks for the good thoughts. Fingers crossed, we are hoping for the best.
June

Postby syrinx48 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:43 am

I will be pray mg for the both of you. I know it is hard to live with someone who has Alzheimer's. I hope hè has a speedy recovery and that the therapy will be a succes.

I hope I am not too late in responding, I couldn't respond earlier due to the fact I was hospitalised.

My thougts are with you.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby June » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh, Annemarie, thank you for your message. Alan's first surgery went well, and he came home from the hospital today.

But I am sorry to learn that you have been in hospital. Can you tell me what you were there for? I hope you are feeling better.

June
June

Postby keggler 1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Good news------Hope you have some peace and blessing to both of you.

Later...Jerry in Carolina...
ACM S/M BI Hiatal Hernia EDS III Successful PDF 2007 Dr Rosner
keggler 1

Postby June » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks, Jerry, I appreciate the support.

June
June

Postby kiminfla » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:42 am

June, Sending plenty of positive thoughts and hugs your way. Prayers that all will be well. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby karenb » Mon May 02, 2011 4:33 pm

June,

I missed your original post while I was in Arkansas visiting family. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers in your direction for both you and your husband.

Karen
karenb

Postby Janice » Tue May 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi June!

Hope you & your hubby are doing alright. You're both in my thoughts & prayers, when I can't respond, I'm still sending prayers your way & thinking of you.

Take care, love & hugs!
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby June » Wed May 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Kim, Karen, and Janice,

Thanks so much for your messages. It really helps to know that other ASAPers are thinking of us and supporting us. Janice, I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. I know it is difficult for you to respond, so please know that I really appreciate that you have done so. Karen, I am also from Arkansas.

Alan has completed the three surgeries and is now beginning the programming process. He is healing well, his hair is shaved in three patches on his head, but it is growing back quickly. The battery pack is implanted just under the skin on his upper chest and is clearly visible as a small rectangle (2" by 2 1/2"). The leads tunneling down behind the left ear are not visible. We've heard of so many people who have had deep brain stimulation surgery with great success, that we are very hopeful that it will significantly relieve his Parkinson's symptoms. Keep your fingers crossed while the programmer finds the correct settings.

Meanwhile, I am scheduled for tethered cord surgery with Dr. Oro' on June 14. Wish me luck!

June
June

Return to ASAP Lounge