Yahoo!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Yahoo!

Postby sarahb » Sat May 07, 2011 1:52 am

Hi everyone - well after a week of feeling rather depressed due to increased difficulties in doing some of the simple tasks - I finally got to "tick" one of my wishes.

I have never been on a helicopter and after years of dropping not so subtle hints, DH bought me a helicopter scenic tour and it was FANTASTIC. Flying over the crashing waves, beautiful native bush, stunning beaches and landscapes - who knew that stunning scenery was all so close to where I live. It felt like we were floating through the air. I now have a grin on my face from ear to ear and it was just what I needed to pull me out of my depressed mood. And I have to say - I love helicopters.

I hope everyone is having a great day and gets to "tick" one of their wishes this year. Sometimes that is all that is needed to pick yourself up and press on with the daily challenges we all face.

Best wishes to all
Syrinx C6-T12 (and growing), Old compressed fracture T4, Disc Herniations T6/7 & T8/9 pressing on the spinal cord, Hemangioma T4, Aneurysm
sarahb

Re: Yahoo!

Postby lady 59 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Wow, that sounds great. I won't do it because I don't like heights, won't even fly. But whatever it takes to change your mood and put a smile on your face is worth it. I hope that you continue smiling even when it's a bad day. Just take yourself back there for a few minutes. So happy for you :P :!:
lady 59

Postby karenb » Sun May 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Sarah,

Way to go - Congratulations!!!

Best wishes for a happy mother's day, and for more good days to come.

(((hugs)))

Karen
karenb

Postby wendi » Tue May 10, 2011 10:08 am

Sarah:

Good for you. Dh is a wonderful man for doing that for you! Good for him for thinking of it. Now you have one of things on your bucket list crossed off.

It is nice you stopped by to tell us about it. Dont' be a stranger, that may help keep you out of the drolldrums.

Take care,
Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby chrisw » Wed May 11, 2011 9:33 pm

I flew around the volcano's some near Rotorua myself a few years ago and loved it! I can't remember if that was the first time or not- for some reason I don't think it was, but it sure was the first one that I remember quite well! It was certainly fun standing on top of a Volcano and feeling your feet get warm!
SM, Chiari 0 (Rosner), Diagnosed 8/08 after car accident 6/08, Vitamin D deficent
chrisw

Location: Columbia, SC and lots of time near Blacksburg and Smith Mountain Lake in VA

Return to ASAP Lounge