"Case of the Dizzies"

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

"Case of the Dizzies"

Postby pseudotumor » Mon May 23, 2011 2:35 am

So dizzyness is a somewhat new symptom to me, or at least with the frequency i've been having it these days, and was wondering if this is a major issue for others, and if so, how they deal with it? It's starting to worry me at the rate it's getting worse (luckily i'm seeing my doc in three days). Today I tried hiking with my hubby and if it hadn't been for my dog pulling me uphill, would have tumbled down a mountain side. Then later today when changing one of thoes big water cooler bottles I got dizzy all of a sudden, and dropped the thing on my foot. (Toe nails now all black and cracked and bloody - yay). It's like everything gets a little bit dark and the room starts spinning, I feel nauseated, and then either collapse or nearly collapse but catch myself. Is this common for anyone?
pseudotumor

Re: "Case of the Dizzies"

Postby Sinamyn » Mon May 23, 2011 3:37 am

I've had that. I don't pass out too often, but the vertigo will just hit - sometimes even when laying down. If I were you, I'd leave the lifting of the heavy water bottles to your husband. I noticed awhile back that sometimes lifting heavier things caused the dizziness. Also, when you went hiking, did you drink lots of water? My husband swears that I need to drink more water. He may be right, as I know dehydration can cause a "normal" person to get dizzy, so maybe for us even mild dehydration can do it.

Can't say really how I deal with it. Same as everything else I guess! :roll: If you feel like you're getting it a lot in one day, maybe take it easy and just rest/relax on the couch for the rest of the day.
~Sinamyn~
Krystina
Wife, mom & stepmom
Lost in confusion, fear, and uncertainty.

"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane." -Jimmy Buffett
Sinamyn

Postby hegnauea » Mon May 23, 2011 9:20 am

Hi,

Many people on this board have some sort of combination of CM/SM and some along with it have other disorders that are related, like Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, and along with that (or without it I'm sure in some cases) sometimes comes dysautomonia, which seems similar to what you describe. You might want to investigate these things and see if your symptoms are similar.

I myself have some sort of undiagnosed issue where I am dizzy after sqautting down upon standing, which I think is called orthostatic hypotension. To be truthful, I have had it to some degree my whole life, and have always had lowish blood pressure. After having my child in 2009, I spend ALOT of time on the floor/squatting down, since I can no longer lift her unless absolutely necessary.(you should be checking with your doctor about a weight limit, most of us have one), so I definitely notice this dizziness alot more. It is much much better if I drink a big glass of water as soon as I get up, and also much better if I do not skip meals (I am terrible about eating breakfast).

Hope this helps
Ab
SM C5 C6, "mild" Chiari, "possible mild" EDS
hegnauea

Postby keggler 1 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:07 am

Hello.....Check out POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome).....Jerry in Carolina
keggler 1

Postby weevab » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:22 am

It seems to come with fits and starts for me. I've discussed this before here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12671&p=87797
Ben - http://ooh-thathurts.blogspot.com
weevab

Return to ASAP Lounge