First NS Visit at Cleveland Clinic

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

First NS Visit at Cleveland Clinic

Postby Mama_Darwin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Friday, I'm going to Cleveland Clinic for my first NS appointment with Dr. Krishnaney.

I have a small cervical syrinx, but no CM. I have numbness, paresthesia, pain, and weakness, mainly on the left side, of my scalp, face, neck, belly, back, hands, and, to a lesser extent, arms. I also have ataxia, which seems to have been getting progressively worse over the past six months or so. '

Has anyone been seen by Krishnaney or another doctor at CC for Syringo? I was just wondering what to expect from my first visit.

- Beck
Idiopathic SM (baby syrinx in the C1-C2 neighborhood, just 2-3mm x 1cm). No CM.
I'm fumby and stumbly. Gabapentin (Neurontin) is my best friend.

http://madsack.wordpress.com/
Mama_Darwin

Re: First NS Visit at Cleveland Clinic

Postby pmaxwell » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Biographical Sketch

Ajit Krishnaney, MD, is an Associate Staff Physician in the Center for Spine Health, an Associate Staff Physician in Neurological Surgery and an Associate Staff Physician in the Cerebrovascular Center at Cleveland Clinic.

He was appointed in 2005. Dr. Krishnaney's specialty interests include cervical spondylosis, degenerative spine disease, complex spine instrumentation, spine tumors, spinal cord tumors, Chiari malformation, syringomyelia, spinal vascular malformations, cerebrovascular disease including AVMs and intracranial aneurysms, general neurosurgery.

Dr. Krishnaney attended medical school at the University of Wisconsin Medical School in Madison, Wisconsin, and he completed his internship, residency and fellowship at Cleveland Clinic.
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Return to ASAP Lounge