New Family Member

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

New Family Member

Postby karenb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi All!

Many of you offered comfort and condolences during the last steps of my pet cat Missy. You probably know her loss was much more traumatic for me because I had lost both of my parents shortly before her passing.

Saturday will be the 11-month anniversary of my father's passing, and it's an anniversary I truly dread.

My life has, however, been made a little sweeter the past 28 hours or so by a new addition... His name is "Benny" (he was named "Dragon" by his foster-mom's granddaughter, but it just didn't seem right). He's a Bengal-Oriental mixed male cat, about six years old. He was turned in to the Animal Hospital because he had been abandoned at the local University.

After several months of care, and almost 4 months after Missy left us, his care was entrusted to me. The Animal Hospital took care of everything (except warm places to nap), and he seems to be adapting well to his new surroundings.

I really hope and pray that all goes well,

Karen

P.S. I will post some pictures once I've taken some and figured out how to post them. (Benny's coat is a great match for my ceramic tile, so he's practicing his "camoflauge" act - his name is short for "Bengal".)
karenb

Re: New Family Member

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 pm

This is great news Karen. Thx for sharing. There is a post at the top of each forum that explains how to post photos. Enjoy time w/Benny, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Re: New Family Member

Postby karenb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Janice,

When I finally convince him to let me take a picture, I'll post it. He's really very handsome, but also very skittish after being abandoned on campus for months and having to live out of dumpsters.

It's nice, though, to have somebody waiting for me when I come home.

Karen
karenb

Return to ASAP Lounge