Getting SO forgetful!!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Getting SO forgetful!!

Postby Rachael » Tue May 01, 2012 7:46 am

I forgot for a while how forgetful I can get! ;-) Please say its not just me - I had to hand over the combi for the safe at work & kept getting confused between numbers 2 & 3 sure my boss thinks I'm drunk or something! Was having quite a new-symptom-free year til I realised how often I've been doing it (had it pointed out to me) :roll:
Rachael

Re: Getting SO forgetful!!

Postby June » Sun May 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Rachael,

It's at least you AND me--my memory is awful. I blame my memory problem on the narcotics I take for pain--and also, I am almost 65, so age may be a factor! However, it seems like my memory has deteriorated at about the same rate as the drugs have increased--so go figure.

June
June

Postby Rachael » Wed May 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Could have something to do with meds - they definitely make me dopey (in the mornings especially), just never put 2 & 2 together, used to getting weird looks I guess! Would've replied sooner but forgot where I'd posted this :roll:
Rachael

Postby reedy » Tue May 29, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm on lots of meds now and its made me really spacey too!

um...what were we talking about again? :lol:
reedy

Postby TabulaRasa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok this makes me a little happy that memory problems could be due to pain killers. I'm on Tramadol and since I graduated college in May, I've had short term memory problems and have been having a lot of trouble trying to articulate myself. I'm hoping that when I go to grad school in August that my brain will have more exercise and this will dissipate.
Diagnosed with CM 1mm herniation June 12th, 2012
TabulaRasa

Postby hikealaska » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I was scaring myself so much with this that I have been using Lumosity to help sharpen my brain function. It seems to be helping a great deal. This is an online "game" set up that feels like you are playing games, but the whole purpose is to increase brain function. My family and I both see the results.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby tennesseewalker » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Rachel, have you had a thyroid panel run? Memory loss is a symptom of hypothyroidism. I found THAT out after my thyroid was removed and before my doc would give me thyroid hormone replacement therapy. I forgot even how to get to my endo's office, though I'd driven myself there many times. Talk about no brain...I watched all six seasons of Hogan's Heroes on DVD one after another over a period of about a week. I started over again with episode one in season one, and it was like a brand new episode. I remembered nothing about it. Although, it WAS like having 18 seasons when there were only six.
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby Irene Blacklock » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi:
I would suggest that you check your meds. Things like Topamax is something that is known to affect memory. Also, they recently found out that doses higher than 20mg of the cholesterol medicine simvastatin can cause memory problems in some people. I was surprised at how many meds can result in memory problems.
Good luck in finding out.
God bless you.
Irene Blacklock

Postby eebogan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46 pm

I was going to say Topamax has made me feel dumb the past few months. I forget words and names and easy things like saying numbers. I always have the feeling of when the word is on "the tip of your tongue" but it never comes. Mornings are always the worst and has even made my speech slurred. I would say to not be alarmed and say it is probably a side effect.
Idiopathic Syringomyelia. Fibromyalgia.
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." ~John Lennon
Feel Free to follow my blog:
http://bluemeanie21.tumblr.com/
eebogan

Postby smann » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:44 pm

My memory has been getting worse for years. I'm 44 so I don't think it's my age. I do take narcotics for pain though. I think chiari makes you have memory problems too. I think I read that somewhere, but I can't remember where. LOL
[img][/img] Susan
smann

Return to ASAP Lounge