PFO surgery today..or lack of one.

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

PFO surgery today..or lack of one.

Postby sweettartgirl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:46 pm

Hi all.
Here is what I posted on my CB page. I do not have the strength to even explain to those who understand right now. I need to process and have a few tears a little bit more.

"

This is Laura typing from home. After being Annointed, admitted, prepped, and all settled in pre op w/ two iv's saline and antibiodicts we waited for 7 hours. Dr.Jessup came in at 5:30 pm w/ a look of bad news. Long story short, I did not have the surgery today. Right now I feel pretty numb and upset about it because it's so complicated. It will be done. Just today was not the right timing. I know it's a blessing in disguise but I was so mentally and physically prepared that it's hard, plus I so wanted to not be worried about having any more strokes. This is a hard time for me, so please understand if I do not email or call for a few days. I will update once I can do so, but now can not discuss it w/o shedding a few tears but knew that everyone was waiting for an update and didn't want people worrying from a lack of one. God will get me through this and I know it is His will and that this whole thing was partially good, but it's just weird. "faith in the light of bright circumstances alone is not faith at all". Please keep me in your prayers and let Drs Jessup and Bolognese reach a decision. "

Thank you. I will let you guys know soon.

Laura

www.caringbridge.org/visit/lauraslyman
sweettartgirl

Postby dtyree » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:39 am

Dear sweettartgirl- Good morning to you! You get all set and ready to go through with this, and the rug is just completely pulled out from under you. What a dissapointment!! Sometimes, life just is not fair at all!!

But, you have already gone through the prepping process. Now this should be old hat to you and will know what to expect here. Some of the tension should be gone because unknowns are now knowns.

The surgery, heck you will not remember a thing. Thank God for drugs!!

And when you wake up, I pray the surgeons have done their absolute best with you and that your body is firmly on that road to recovery.

Our Holy God, here is sweettartgirl needing you at this moment. Please hold her in your powerful hands to give her the comfort she needs. Rub her back to soothe away the unknowns, the apprehension that has snuck in. Give to her your peace that knows all. Give to her your love to warm her. Give to her your courage to see this surgery through. And give to her the forsight for a wonderful life to come.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby sweettartgirl » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 am

David~
I had to thank you for the prayer. As I read it and prayed it as well, tears started falling and still are, but I think that's okay for the first time.

I'm the type of person who does NOT cry and doesn't like to show emotion about this b/c I need to stay strong for myself and for those around me. But I think today I am allowed to shed a few tears. God will wipe them away, but He knows I need them. I haven't cried in months really. I'm almost drone like when it comes to surgery. Know the facts, get in, get out.

I'm having physical therapy this morning which will be good for me to get my "head on" lol and talk to my therapist who after working w/ for 2 years 1-2x a week has become a close friend.

Thanks everyone for understanding my need of some time before i reveal details.

Laura
sweettartgirl

Postby sweettartgirl » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:38 am

P.S. Hipcrip - I will pass it on to my mom. You know our relationship is very close, so this was a huge knockover to her too. When the dr. walked in w/ 'that look' she came over immediatley to my side and took my hand and when I stared choking up she was hugging me. She's always there and does just the right things.
sweettartgirl

Postby Janice » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your surgery. Knowing that it is GOD's will definitely helps during trying times.

You are a rock, I admire your strength and determination. I understand about not wanting to always show how difficult your traveled road has been but, you're right, it is ok to cry.

I agree, David's prayer was inspiring. I cried while reading it also. Thanks for the beautiful prayer David.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care and keep thinking/being positive. The time will soon come when both doctors will agree on a treatment plan for you.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby mrsariel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22 pm

As part of Laura's fan club here in CT,
and boy does she know I am a big supporter , :lol:
I also started to tear up after I read David's prayer. Very nice job.

I just wish Laura could catch some breaks. She deserves it with all that she has been through. I am cheering loudly from here!
Time to go wipe my eyes.
Hugs
Lisa
CM 7mm diagnosed 12/06.
Tethered Cord diagnosed 10/07 @ TCI
TC surgery 5/13/08
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisas
mrsariel

Postby kiminfla » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:14 pm

Laura, I'm also joining in the prayer for you. I know your faith is strong so hold on, dear friend, and all will be well. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby preciousheide » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:20 pm

I dont know you, because I just got on this website yesterday, but it sounds like you are going through a really tough time right now, and I am truly sorry for this. Today I am very optimistic I guess, and when I read this, the first thing that came to my mind was, what a great person you are, that even through this tough time, that you took the time and energy to keep in contact with the people on this website and I think that is wonderful. you are a great person, I can already tell.

good luck to you, and I look forward to getting to know you when you come back!!!!!
preciousheide

Return to ASAP Lounge