a long week

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

a long week

Postby bri23t » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:20 pm

hi to everyone...i finally have my computer up and running again...boy what a long week it was not being able to get on here and have communication w/ all of u...

i finally heard back from TCI...thank god..but my appt isnt until june 2...i hope that by then i can still walk and can still pee...only time will tell...

i had a fall today...i just moved last week from fla to up-upstate NY and while taking the dog out today (hes not used to a leash, we had a fenced backyard in fl) he decided to take off after some birds and i stupidly tried to stop his momentum and he pulled me AND my walker to the ground...

i wasnt able to get up and had to call my husband (whos in the army) who had to drive 30 mins to come help me get up...so the dog and i sat outside in the cold and had to wait...BURRRR!!...but finally he rescued me!!!...so now my right arm (the 'good' arm) is KILLING me!....

i hope that everyone is having a good day!...thanks for reading...:)
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby PittyPatty » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Welcome back bri23t. I hope the move turns out to be a good one for you! Sounds like the first thing you should do is work on some doggie training for that big puppy of yours. I've had some pretty wild ones in the past myself, but training how to walk on lead makes all the difference.

Hang in there for your appt. at TCI. Maybe you could tell them you are ready and willing to come sooner if a cancellation comes up.

Good luck,
PittyPatty
PittyPatty

Postby kiminfla » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:58 pm

Bri, Just wanted to add my good wishes that the time will pass quickly for you and you'll be on your way to answers and a treatment plan before you know it! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:34 am

Hi Bri (that's what I call my niece),

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles this week. The fall sounds so horrible. I would recommend seeing your doctor for any residual effects. I pray your dog gets use to the leash soon and does not dash off again. It's terrible to hear you had to wait in the cold in discomfort. I hope you were able to rest and get a good night sleep.

June does seem like a long time but it will be here before you know it. Seems like we were just celebrating New Year's Eve and now it's hard to believe we're coming up on Easter. Think of some of your favorite activities and plan out enough things to keep you distracted. Remember that saying, a watched pot never boils. :)

At least your computer is working so you can join us whenever you like. We'll keep you busy, I know I'm always in need of support and prayers.

Take care and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to ASAP Lounge