A request for prayers & thoughts

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

A request for prayers & thoughts

Postby Ryzing » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:46 am

Hi all,

This past Friday, a family who's youngest daughter is a very good friend of my daughter's was ripped apart when the Dad strangled then shot the Mom, then after a 4-hour stand off, killed himself.

This couple leaves behind 3 daughters, one of which witnessed their mother being killed. Everyone in our little town is shocked and saddened by this. My daughter was just at their house a month ago, and her friend at ours a few weeks before that. Luckily, the girls have family who have lovingly taken them in and blessed them with the love & safety they need now more than ever.

If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for this family and/or keeping them in your thoughts, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby Janice » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:39 am

No problem. I had 5 cousins who went through this (almost exact, even with the oldest watching) years ago on a Christmas eve. It was hard to read through this and yes, they are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby Tricia C » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:45 am

This is very sad & yes they are in my thoughts & prayers.
Tricia C

Postby Ryzing » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:46 pm

Janice - thank you. And I want to offer my sympathy to your family, too. Sorry what I posted stirred up some bad memories for you.

Tricia - thank you, too. This family could use all the well-wishes they can get.
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby Snoozie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi Diane, must have missed this before. Sorry

I will be calling upon our Lord and Savior to bring peace to all involved.

Will your daughter still be able to see her friend? I hope she is not moving too far away. How is your daughter handling all of this. She is so young to have to deal with a tragedy like this. Hold her close...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby SMLady » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:41 pm

This is just so tragic. It's times like this that you just want to ask why. I will definitely indclude them in my prayers. There was a similar situation last year with another couple in Ohio. The little 8-year-old daughter saw it happen. I remember my friend telling me she went to the house to get the daughter because the police called her and told her what had happened, and she said they had the daughter out on the front porch, standing next to her mother who was covered with a sheet. It just makes me want to cry.

You and the family are in my prayers.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby georgiagal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:47 pm

What a sad, sad story, Diane. I will be sending my prayers and best wishes to the family.

GG
georgiagal

Postby SMLady » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:50 pm

GeorgiaGal, not to change the subject, but are you close to where the storms hit? I saw on the weather channel that there were tornados in Canton, but Roswell looked clear (some in-laws live there), and then when I came to work on Monday, I saw on CNN.com that a tornado actually hit downtown Atlanta! That's not something you hear every day! Usually they hit rural areas in the middle of the country, not big cities in the south! Well, there was the one that hit Nashville a few years back...

Anyway, I hope you weren't in an area that got hit!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby preciousheide » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:37 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. my thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved! especially the children. how sad!
preciousheide

Postby Ryzing » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Sue - I am thankful to you for your prayers. Actually, my daughter's friend's grandmother brought 2 of the girls to the elementary school yesterday to visit their friends (the middle daughter, who witnessed the horrific event, is in middle school with our son). The girls are staying in a town about 35 minutes away, but in the same county. From what I understand, their grandma wants to have the girls finish out the year in our district, but next year, they will be going to a new school. The oldest daughter is a senior here at Edison. My daughter has been asking a lot of questions & I've been answering them as best as I can. The two are pretty close. Thank you, friend +.

Glenna - Friday night my husband called at 10:15 PM on his way home and said he couldn't get through to Rt. 113....he said there was a chunk of the state route that was barricaded. A fireman who was at the road block said there was a 'law enforcement issue up ahead' and that he would have to go another way home. This happened about 5 miles from our home, so of course when you hear the road is closed off due to a 'law enforcement issue', but you don't know why, you start locking all the doors & windows. Yes, it is horribly sad. Thank you for your prayers, G.

GG - thank you, also, for your thoughts and prayers. It is really appreciated.

PH - there was a blurb in our local paper from a neighbor of this family that said, "Oh, he would never hurt the children". ??? Uh, killing your wife in front of your children is definitely hurting the children. He was sooo angry and so out-of-this-world that he saw one thing only - & that was that he wanted his wife dead. It wasn't bad enough that his daughter saw him choke the life out of her - he had to go and shoot her, too. Thank you, too, for your prayers & thoughts.

Sorry - I don't mean to ramble on about this, but it has affected our family because my daughter is very close to the youngest daughter. It has been all she talks about since she found out. Thanks again to all of you who have given this family a thought.

Diane
Ryzing

Postby kiminfla » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Di, Such a tragedy for all involved...May God bless you for caring so deeply...Be blessed my friend, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby dtyree » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God of power and might.
Heaven and earth are full of your Glory.
May Hosannas, Hosannas, Hosannas ring.

We come before you God with aching hearts, wrenched by a tragedy unspeakable. Why?, why? why? How could this happen, continually rings in our minds. In all of our human frailty, we ask for an answer, we need to understand, why? But, in the back of our minds, we realize that this event will continue to be one of your mysteries. An understanding will not come.

Holy Lord, we lift up to you, three of your blessed children who need you now, more than ever. Fill them with all the Love that should be theirs, let them know that you are Lord and will stand beside them during this most difficult time. Send Your Holy Spirit to surround them with all the comfort that they so desparately need now. And Lord Jesus, hold them, protect them, kiss them, let them know that they do belong to you and that you are always there for them to call on you for any need they may have.

Peace be yours
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Vagreeneys » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:25 am

I am so sorry that the children had to witness such a horrific scene. I am sure your daughter has many questions as to why someone would do this to there family. I am sure you have the guidance and love to help her through her questions and the answers. The poor children i just don't understand how a parent could do this in front of there children and think they are not hurting them.

Your family and theirs are in my prayers. I pray that they will get over such a horrific crime and move on with there lifes and just remember the good times and erase the bad.

Heide
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby Ryzing » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Kim - thank you for your kind words. I'll be sure to let my daughter know so many of you are praying.

David - that was great. Your prayer was heart-felt & greatly appreciated.

Heide- thank you, too. They are having the funeral today - both together so that it's easier on the girls. A new life starts for them. With so many people praying, hopefully peace will come quicker.

Thanks again, everyone!
Ryzing

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:58 pm

Diane,

My heart has cried so many tears for everybody since I heard about this. Stunned, numb, unable to say hardly even one word.

God bless and keep all in this situation.

gentle hugs,
sandy :(
Sandy

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge