A request for prayers & thoughts

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby kittb » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:42 pm

My prayers are there for the children! Losing both parents, so traumatically, I hope the children are well looked after!
Kittb
If you ever lose yourself, call on me and we'll be lost together-Kitt
kittb

Postby specialmomx2 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Diane,

This about broke my heart! I lost my mom when I was young and it kills me to hear of kids going through a tragedy -especially such a mindless, needless preventable one.

I will be praying for your community especially those poor girls.

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby prettyeyes » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 pm

DIANE, I WILL ALSO SAY A PRAYER FOR THESE BEAUTIFUL INNOCENT CHILDREN, AND HOW ARE YOUR CHILDREN WITH ALL THIS, I WILL ALSO KEEP THEM AND YOURSELF IN MY PRAYERS, IT IS ALL SO OVERWHELMING WHAT THIS WORLD IS COMING TO, I GET SO FRUSTRATED WITH ALL THE VIOLENCE, IT JUST SCARES ME TO DEATH, MY GRANDSON IS ONLY 8 MONTHS OLD AND I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE WHAT THINGS ARE GOING TO BE LIKE WHEN HE IS OLDER, I USED TO WISH MY CHILDREN WOULD NOT HAVE ANY KIDS, THIS WORLD IS JUST GETTING TO NUTS, BUT NOW THAT MY GRANDSON IS HERE I WOULD NOT GIVE HIM UP FOR ANYTHING, MUCH LOVE LISA
prettyeyes

tragic

Postby hoz74 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:45 am

You never think anything like this could happen in our small community, you only hear about it happening in the big cities.

I hope the kids turn out ok from this. I am sure counceling is going to be needed.

I hope your daughter can stay in touch with them now that their life has been turned upside down. An old friend can be a great comfort

Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Postby Ryzing » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:09 am

Wow! The support here has been overwhelming. I am grateful to all of you for your kind words, support & prayers/thoughts for not only the family this happened to, but for my own. During this Easter season, it means more than you know.

Keesha & Sandy - thank you BOTH for looking after everyone with your prayers. Sandy, you are always thinking of everyone else...you, too Keesha.

kittb - I know you've still got to be hurting yourself - thank you for your kindness.

Paula - I'm sorry to hear that you lost a parent so young. All three daughters were pretty popular & everyone has rallied for them. I know my daughter's class collected money & bought a special blanket & stuffed animal for the youngest. There was also an account set up at the local bank for donations.

Lisa - I am frustrated, too. There is so much more to this story - a lot more. I worry about things for my kids also- and they are 11 & 9. I think the best thing any of us can do for our kids is pay attention to them, let them know they are loved unconditionally and always be there for them not matter what. I have promised my own kids this over and over. Unfortunately, if no one else is doing these things, the world does get overloaded with people who just don't care. Thank you for your prayers!

Holly - I was just thinking about you yesterday! Yes, Karah has her friend's number and address. She just sent her a card. Do you know where Berlinville is? It's a little blip just west of Berlin Heights, on the way to Milan. I have asked myself many times since this happened why God allowed the one girl to see her mother get killed. I hope He reveals it to her eventually. Thank you, friend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend - and thanks again.

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby birdlover3 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:16 pm

This is horrible & I cannot imagine what the children went though & are going through, nor their family and friends. I’ll be praying.
birdlover3

Postby Ryzing » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Birdlover,

Thank you so much for your prayers & concerns. They are greatly appreciated!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby rose » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:18 pm

hello
this is horrible thing to happen
i will have them in my prayers
ra
rose

Previous

Return to ASAP Lounge