Visited my NL

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Visited my NL

Postby dtyree » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:30 pm

The appointment only took 2 1/2 hours today, and that's OK. He is keeping abreast of latest developments, symptoms, meds. Said my headache is probably a rebound HA from the meds I am on, so got a new one, throw the others out. God, I wish there was a return policy!

Right now, he admitted that something is going on, but not sure. Ordered a MRI of the mid back and another EEG. Said he was not too pleased with the last EEG test and wanted another to see if there are any changes.

So I asked, am I getting old and just falling apart bit by neurological bit. Probably, he replied.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Sandy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:27 pm

David,

Hang in there. THere's a lot more going on than getting old and falling apart. Maybe he thought that would make you feel a little better?

But I'm really happy to see that he's doing more tests to find out what's going on. So many doctors just have that "deal with it" attitude instead of searching for causes.

Get some rest, now, and take good care of yourself. Are you eating right?
Taking in enough liquids?

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby SMLady » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Hello. I get "backlash" headaches sometimes from my meds too. They don't happen enough to be a real bother, but i know they can be bad! I hope your new meds work for you!

Have a good evening!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby preciousheide » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:42 pm

A return policy would be awesome. If I could return all the meds that were wrong, or did not work etc. I think I would be pretty wealthy, I hope all gets better for you quickly. best wishes for you and yours!!!!
preciousheide

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:56 am

Hi David,

I'd say you have a keeper. My doctors are done in about 15-20 minutes. In and out.

Let us know how the tests come out.

I just had an inhaler prescribed (Advair Diskus), took one puff and in a few hours my tongue and throat were swollen and burning. Paid $25 for that one because it was a brand name. Generics are about .33 to $5.00. I had to be allergic to the expensive one. Expensive for me, when I have numerous brand name meds to buy. Thank GOD for insurance.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to ASAP Lounge