Finally we found a new house

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Finally we found a new house

Postby Amy Joe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:36 am

After 5 months of looking at every bank owned property in a 20 mile radius, we found the perfect one. Oddly enough it is the first house we looked at some months ago loved it then but out of the budget.

Now it is in the budget. We put an offer in on Tuesday. Yesterday all the kids were available to see it and they to loved it. It is huge and the kids will have a 2 story apartment with plenty of room and multi bathrooms.

I will have quite, space and so more stairs. It will be like a hunnymoon! Just DH and I. :wink: :wink: and my dogs!!!!

It has been a goal we started last summer when work started getting more diffcult. To cut our overhead.

When we start our new jobs I will let DH carry my health insurance, right now we carry seperate policy's. I am not saying I am going to get worse medically however WE are planning for worse case, and this will relieve yet another burdon off my shoulders.

I only have a few payments left on my car, CC's are paid, no more school paymants for kids. So if something should happen DH will be able to carry the load and I won't freak out.

My mom is a little down because I will be 15 minutes away rather then 5. It will be worth it when she see less stress in my face.

I know it is just the offer stage right now, but even the asking price I could pay. Just want to try and keep alitte reserve. It has been vacant for 204 days. I should get a responce today or tomorrow. You know when you get that it's right feeling! Pretty strong when 6 get that feeling.

I will keep you all posted.

Funny after we took the kids, I crashed! Slept from noon till 4am. I was so tired with the build up of stress that once the boys and their grilfriends saw it and loved it, it was like aaaaaaahhhhhhhh, now can we go home so I can sleep. All they wanted to do was talk about it all day and I slept like a baby.

Once it is finalized I will post a picture.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby dtyree » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:25 am

Now I know why I kept seeing this orange glow coming from up north, all that excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news about you and your family!! I do hope all the technical stuff gets worked out for you and that this new house will soon be a reality!!!

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Amy Joe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:51 am

Thanks Dave,

There is a ton of excitement from up North. Some many colors to choose from in the painting dept. Every room is currently white, I need color.

My new kitchen is dated but HUGE. I will be doing the most in this room since cooking is a passion of mine.

My bathroom is the size of my bedroom now! So this will be my second project, my own owasis! Claw foot tub here I come.

Next will be my sewing room. I love to quilt! Since there are more windows then I can remember I will be making my own drapes.

I may need to double up on sleeping meds to contain myself!!!!! Can not wait till the P&S so I can start packing.

Amy Joe
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby dtyree » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:11 am

Envy, Envy, I like to quilt also.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:32 am

Congratulations Amy Joe! I think it's really great that it's actually the first one you looked at that you liked and now you got it! When we bought our house, we looked for months, and when we found this one we almost didn't go in because it looked too small. But when I walked in the front door, I KNEW that it was supposed to be my house. 14 years later, we are still there!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:51 am

Way to go, AmyJoe! So glad to hear of such good news. Smart thinking too on planning way ahead!!

Keep up the good work!

GG
georgiagal

Postby Amy Joe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:28 am

Even the kids are excited. The boys and girls got up and started cleaning thier rooms. They are starting to pack up stuff they can do with out. I can't hardly get them to ever clean............ Now I have to bring home boxes for them!! To funny!

This next month is going to fly by, By May 1st we will be settling in. A new beginning for DH and I. After 25 years of caring for the kids I can make him breakfast at our own table and we can read the paper in peace. This will be our vacation, hunnymoon, the answer to all our prayers.

Kids will be tucked away upstairs and mom and dad will be independent, free at last. Milk will be left in the fridge, last banana still on the counter when I want it and toilet paper will never run out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the light at the end of the tunnle my dear dad has told me about for years!!!!!!!!! yipeee

Amy Joe
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 am

You go girl!!!!! :lol:
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:34 am

Ditto!! :D

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby Snoozie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi Amy, congrats and I will pray that you get it at the price you want to pay. WIth it being empty that long I am sure they will take it.

I loved your descriptions, especially about the toilet paper never running out. :lol: It seems that I am constantly replacing rolls here and telling them I won't be offended if they do it themselves.

Share some pics when you can...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby kiminfla » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Amy Joe, What fantastic news! It always makes my day to read of something good happening to any of us...(IMHO) A victory for one of us is a victory for all!

Keesh, You wouldn't possibly be considering a move back to your old stomping grounds, would you? Yes, I'm selfish at times :) ...I would be thrilled to be able to finally have that long overdue cup of coffee in person! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby specialmomx2 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:53 pm

wow Amy Joe, That is awesome news! I guess the house waited for you, huh?

I hope you get it for your price and all works out well.

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby prettyeyes » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:00 am

AMY JOE , GOOD FOR YOU, I KNOW THE FEELING ABOUT STAIRS, I FALL DOWN MY ALL THE TIME, ONE OF THESE DAYS I AM GOING TO GET HURT, WE ARE GOING TO HOPEFULLY SELL AND MOVE IN A COUPLE OF YEARS, BEST WISHES TO YOU, LOVE LISA
prettyeyes

Return to ASAP Lounge