A new season for us all to enjoy!!!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

A new season for us all to enjoy!!!

Postby dtyree » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:22 am

Got up, fed the cats, got my coffee, and looked at the calendar to figure out what day of the week it is. OH MY GOSH!!!! Today is the first day of Spring!! It's here!!

Wonderful!!! Time to get out and get my hands dirty in the gardens (I hope) The days will be getting longer and warmer! The evergreen bushes and trees will not be alone with their color. Flowers will be sending forth their beauty to dispel the gray that has been around for such a time!

It's Spring!!!! Go out and enjoy all the beauty of a new season upon us all!!!!

Peace and Springy Love,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:25 am

You're right! I didn't even realize. YAY!!!!! However, it's only in the 20's here this morning and there is frost everywhere. Hurry up spring.......
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 am

Happy Spring!!!

I didn't realize it either. It was in the 30's here this morning.

Hopefully by afternoon it will be warmer. The spring weather is the best weather all year round for me. If only it could be spring all year...

I haven't been able to do the rose bushes in a while but I think I'll try again this year. When the hand tremors began I sort of gave up on my 6 beautiful bushes. My dh put them there so I'd always have roses. He got long handle shears for me to use (because of the tremors) and I think now is the time to give them a try.

Thanks for the reminder, support and encouragement, David. You are always so thoughtful.

Take care and don't forget to take rest breaks. Gardening can be addictive. You forget all about the time.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby dtyree » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:52 am

I just realized the irony of this day.

It is a new season, spring with all of its freshness. On the Christian calendar it is Maundy Thursday. The night of Christ's betrayal in the garden.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:44 am

You're right. That is ironic...
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
SMLady

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:47 am

David,

Thanks for the reminder! Oh, it's just beautiful here on the mountain! I spent 20 years putting in flower bulbs, transplanting and spreading. NOw I get to enjoy them.

I think I'll take Jane (our puppy) outside on her leash today. She's so tiny we worry a red tail hawk might get her!

I also think I'll pick the first bouquet of the year. :D

I hope everybody has a wonderful day.

love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:47 am

David,

Thanks for the reminder! Oh, it's just beautiful here on the mountain! I spent 20 years putting in flower bulbs, transplanting and spreading. NOw I get to enjoy them.

I think I'll take Jane (our puppy) outside on her leash today. She's so tiny we worry a red tail hawk might get her!

I also think I'll pick the first bouquet of the year. :D

I hope everybody has a wonderful day.

love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby Ryzing » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:56 pm

David,

Last night we got about an inch of snow! My dh and I went out today on our ATV's and checked out the woods. You could see a hint of greenery poking out from under the snow.

Speaking of Maundy Thursday, I'm taking my kids to our sister church's service tonight. The last part of it is done by candle light. There are scripture readings, and after each scripture reading, a candle is extinguished. Then at the end, you are sitting silently in the dark. It is a very moving & powerful service. I don't know if anyone else's congregational church does this, but it's very much worth going to if you get a chance.

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby Snoozie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:16 pm

It is sunny and a liitle windy here. I think the temps will be close to 80. I need to get some new plants in before it gets too hot.

I have palms in my yard and they suffer in the winter but they grow like crazy in the summer. I lost a few plants with the freezing temps we got over the winter.

David, I learned something new today, thank you. I will have to read up on Maundy Thursday.

Well happy spring everyone, lets pray that this season is filled with love, new growth and daffodils for all...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Diane, our church doesn't do that, but back in 2001 when Alexander and I got baptized, they have a candlelight service the night before Easter where everyone has a candle, and you hold it through the entire service and then blow it out and you are in the dark. Is that the same thing? You are right - it is a very powerful service.
Proud Mom of One Son
SMLady

Postby kiminfla » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:16 pm

David, Thanks for posting this! Springtime brings me such a wonderful feeling of hope for better days with all the newness we can find in nature! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby June » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:43 pm

David, what a wonderful attitude you have. I saw the news last night about flooding in the midwest and feel much sympathy for everyone suffering through that awful experience. And I woke up feeling more then the usual AM pain today. So my attitude was not good until I read your post.

Now I'm thinking about the beautiful mountains where I live, and the fact that some crocuses and hyacinths on the south sides of houses are coming out, and soon we may see some trees starting to bud.

We don't usually see much green except evergreen trees until late April, but each year lately it comes a little earlier. Thanks to global warming? And I can anticipate my wisteria, which is always beautiful by June.

Being from the South, I will always miss the southern Springs, though. I can't help it. Aaah, the magnolias!
June

Return to ASAP Lounge