Formally donbr

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Formally donbr

Postby donny » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:18 am

Hi everyone,
I re-registered under the new screen name most of you know who i am and that i am a caregiver not a patient
Take care
Don
donny

Don

Postby razzle51 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:10 am

Welcome back Don and Happy First Day of Spring . Hope Hedi is feeling good. Roz
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby dtyree » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:30 am

Hey donny-greeetings to ya.

There are quite a few new folks here, myself included. How about a re-introduction so we can get to know you better?

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:32 am

I am so very glad to see you. I've missed you. Wondered many times how you and Heidi are doing.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 am

Welcome back Don!! It is good to see you posting again. I was actually thinking about you both lately and hoping everything was alright.

How is Heidi? I hope all has been well with both of you.

Continually in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby Snoozie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi Don, welcome back.

Good to hear from you again. You are such a caring and knowledgable man. I admire how you take care of your wife and share your input with us...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Hey Don! Hope you ane your wife are doing well!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby kiminfla » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:01 pm

Don, Welcome back! So nice to see you post again and I pray Heidi is doing well...Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby specialmomx2 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:54 pm

welcome back Don! You are missed.
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby donny » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Hello,
A new introduction, oh boy guess i should have stuck around huh?
Ok well im 50 heidi is 40 something she was diagnosed with cm after a car accident in 03. She had decompression in 05 but she had a couple of shoulder reconstruction surguries before the pfd surgery.
After the decompression she had surgery on both arms well now she calls herself "frankenstien" because of the scars.
She doesnt get on the computer much because it gives, causes her headaches to get a lot worse.
When i left this site there was concern for a spine problem tcs, tight filum, she doesnt have this but she has a herniated disk T-12 and a cyst right below the disk, she has been refered to a orthapedic surgeon who's specialty is spines and spine trauma, he is considered an expert in spinal problems..
We live in S.E. wa. state small town boys and girls and the docs here sort of suck. we always need to travel to deal with any one of her medical needs, the docs here wont even consider seeing her shes to complicated.
Anyway before the accident she was involved with child advocacy was given an award the year she got hit for advocate of the year, unfortunatly shes unable to do this any longer, i have learned through her quite a bit about advocating and Im sure when these topics arise I will put my 2 cents in, its worth the fight and i wont be shut up!!!!! Ok I have some strong opinions.
Because of the accidend of course there was legal actions and yes I gained a lot of info regarding this type of stuff none of this is what i expected out of life but you go with what you got and do the best you can.
I work 8-5 m-f so cant be on the computer for long have a family 2 girls still live at home one of our sons was married last summer and I'll be a grandpa this fall....woooo hooooo spoil him rotten and send him home.
I will do the best i can to keep everyone informed about Heidi I cant promise I'll be able to respond to all posts that i can answer because of my schedule but if i can answer it and nobody has responed ill do what i can. If people have already given good answers i tend to just look it over without responding.. hopew this makes sence.
nyway hope you enjoy the book and if you have any ? just ask
Take care
Don
donny

Postby Janice » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:36 am

Hi Don,

Thanks a lot for the intro.

I pray everything goes well with the ortho surgeon.

You both have a lot of exciting things happening with the family. A wedding and now a baby. You said it, spoil him and give him back!!! My dh is the best at it. I can imagine the anticipation. :D

You are a GOD send for being an advocate for Heidi. We all need someone in our corner. It's wonderful to hear that Heidi is receiving just as she has given (enough to receive an award - outstanding!!).

I had to laugh at the gracious "forty something". Well said!!

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby birdlover3 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:59 am

Don, I’m so happy that you’re back. Just the other day, you & Heidi were on my mind. Please tell Heidi that I’m praying for both of you, and your family also.

Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby. Of course, all of us here will want to see pics, so please don’t forget.
birdlover3

Return to ASAP Lounge