I got it! Purchase & Sales on Saturday

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

I got it! Purchase & Sales on Saturday

Postby Amy Joe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:43 pm

With alot of haggling back and forth, I got it done. Now are you ready.... It is 3258 sq ft. 3 story. New windows and siding. 2 &1/2 bath, 7 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, nice proch and a little deck off the second floor.

Woods on one side. Parking stinks but hey it's the city.

Foreclosed in June of 2007, loan amount was 185000. They started it at 130K. I am buying it for 59,900............... No it's not a dump. I could move in now with a few new toilets, won't use anyone elses throne.

My mom and I are going Sunday to message windows so I will take pictures for you all.

Best thing of all is I will have no bank hanging over my head for a note. A dear friend who knows how hard we have been struggling is loaning me 50K @ 0%. My life savings (whoopie 9K @ 41 yrs old) will cover the rest.

Now if my body crashes and I am out of work for weeks at a time like last year I will not be freaked out over a 3000 mortgage payment + utilities +++++. It's no wonder my nerves have been toast.

I have one of those bad loans where my rate keeps going up and my house keeps going down. 4 years ago my house was worth 400K, now its worth less then what I owe 259K.........

The old saying goes beat a dog enough and he will either lay down or bite back. Well I am not laying down.............. They refuse to lock in my rate and reduce my payment even though my income has dropped by 25%, well they can keep it! It's just a house, home is where my family is.

I have gone thru every avenue to save this house and it was my mom that said, hunny let it go.

So by the grace of god I found the perfect place for my family! I am going to hang a sign over my new door that says one word FAITH......

I love you all for your support!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby specialmomx2 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Amy Joe,

I am very happy for you.

However, some advice from a former financial industry person: You should try to work out some kind of a deal with the bank over your existing house. your credit will be ruined if they foreclose.

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:47 pm

I happy to hear that you have found what appears to be the perfect place for you and your family -- and at such a great bargain! Good luck and can't wait to see it.

Sorry, but I have to agree w/specialmomx2 about dealing with the bank. Let them know you plan to sell, something to not risk losing the credit that you have worked so hard to maintain.

Again, contratulations and nothing but the best wishes!

GG
georgiagal

Postby birdlover3 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 am

Wow. God blessed you with a wonderful new home, a great friend, and a very wise mother. I’m happy for you and wish you the best.

I was watching ‘The Early Show’ the other day & it showed a couple like you who couldn’t afford to keep their house. You might want to search on cbs.com to see what advice they gave to that couple. The couple will still have to move to another home, but the advice they gave to the couple will allow them to not ruin their credit.
birdlover3

Postby Amy Joe » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 am

I thank you all for the advice on my credit. It is shot because of the first and second. Everything else is fine. Current bank is unwilling to help. We did an anlysis of our income, assets blah blah with the bank and they said pay up, the guy I talkwed with even laughed when he said it's only going up another 126 dollars.

It has gone from 1835 to 2985, that 126 is not hte problem it's the continuing of increase. My current mortgage can't write any notes in Ma so I would need to go to another company and my value dropped... So I am stuck.

With paying all my other bills, I am confident that over time I can rebound. Look at the whole country! Foreclosures are thru the roof.

I have lost enough sleep over this so I need to move forward and remain positive.

Thanks for your support

Amy Joe
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby Amy Joe » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Signed the P&S. Closing is on April 18th. Took my mom over to the house to messure for new drapes. I took pictures so when I get to work I will share them with you.

Kids have begun the daunting task of packing!

Happy Easter!

Amy Joe
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Amy,

YOu go! That is wonderful news. I have no financial advice because I'm no good at that sort of thing. All I know about money is that I have a credit card and I should use it for whatever I need to buy.

I had to laugh when I read that you can't move in without new toilets tho! LOL! But I suggest you make sure you get the higher ones. That's what we just put in,a Kohler, and we love it.

Hope you guys find some really groovy drapes.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby Vagreeneys » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:05 pm

Hey house sounds really nice hope to see the pictures. Life is to short to worry about credit right now just enjoy yourself and glad you won't be in that situation again Good Luck!
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby the 4ks » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 am

Sounds like a Great house! Glad you got it!

Seven bedrooms, that is awesome.

Congrats!
the 4ks

Postby SMLady » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:57 am

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Amy Joe » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:29 am

I have the pictures however I do not know how to get them here. Right now they are in my email. Can someone help me?

Amy Joe
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby Amy Joe » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby Janice » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:54 pm

A little paint and right as new!!

Congratulations Amy Joe and thanks for sharing your photos. :D

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby georgiagal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures, AmyJoe! Good luck on your move!

GG
georgiagal

Postby Ryzing » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 am

Congrats on your new home! It's ginormous... :D

I hope you spend many good years there.

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge