Last Week's Atlanta Storms

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Last Week's Atlanta Storms

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:41 pm

SMLady and curious members - I apologize for taking so long to respond to a couple of people that have asked about our location to the storms that recently hit Atlanta.

I am very pleased to say that the storms from last weekend were either north or south of us -- we were kind of sandwiched between everything. All of my dh's family were in areas that had tornado warnings, and fortunately they came thru with only a few trees down. (We are located east of Atlanta, not far from Stone Mountain.)

Downtown Atlanta was hit very hard and a couple of buildings were shut down until next Monday due to falling debris. The people of Atlanta near the Atlanta Stadium were pretty hard hit and the damage is extensive.

Unfortunately one life was lost in western Georgia due to the storms, but fortunately that was the only one. Thank you for asking. Our thoughts and prayers are with those in the affected areas.

GG
georgiagal

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Here is a picture taken by one of our local tv stations of the tornado that hit downtown.

GG
georgiagal

Postby Janice » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:24 am

Hi GG,

My goodness, it looks pretty darn scary!! Thanks for the photo.

I'm happy to hear the you, dh and family are alright. :)

It deeply saddens me to hear of all the other situations/tragedies surrounding the storm.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby SMLady » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 am

I'm so glad you are alright. I think you told me once you were close to where some of in in-laws live (Woodstock/Roswell). The tornados were north and south of them too.

My prayers are with those affected by this tragedy.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Ryzing » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:50 am

GG,

Thanks for posting the update. I'm glad to hear your relatives only suffered the loss of a few trees. Thank God it wasn't worse. Sorry to hear about the death, though.

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Return to ASAP Lounge