PAIN CLINIC

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

PAIN CLINIC

Postby prettyeyes » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:10 am

HI EVERYONE, WENT TO THE PAIN CLINIC TODAY, FOR HEADACHES AND NECK PAIN I HAVE CM1 THEY ARE PUTTING ME ON THE LOW DOSE 25 MG OF TOPAMAX ONE A DAY AND I GO BACK ON THE 17TH OF APRIL FOR TRIGGER POINT INJECTIONS, THESE HURT HAVE HAD THEM BEFORE, ALSO HE REFERED ME TO A NL FINALLY GETTING SOMEWHERE, HE ALSO WANTS ME TO HAVE THE CARPAL TUNNEL SURGERY, I'M JUST NOT SURE YET, THE NUMBNESS AND TINGLING DOES GET ANNOYING, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO TAKE OFF WORK , DISABILITY DOES NOT PAY MY BILLS TRYING TO PUT IT OFF FOR A WHILE, ANYWAY TAKE CARE AND PLEASE MY FRIENDS TRY TO BE AS PAIN FREE AS POSSIBLE. LOVE YA LISA
prettyeyes

Postby SMLady » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:03 am

Hey lisa! Good for you! I love the pain clinic I go too. They have done sooo much for me. Right now I'm in physical therapy, and it has really helped a lot. And I have RFD done once a year that provides so much relief.

One thing about the topomax, some people swear by it, but I had a horrifying experience with it. If you feel any eye pressure or pain or if your vision changes at all, you need to call your doctor asap. I went blind twice in my left eye and they sent me to a neuro-opthomologist, and he told me it was the topomax and if I didn't stop taking it immediately, I could go permanently blind in that eye.

So just listen to your body for any warning signs. Hopefully, it will work for you because I hear it can do wonders.

Take care.....
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Janice » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:50 am

Hi Lisa,

I'm happy to hear that you are receiving treatment for your neck pain and headaches. Pain management clinics can be such a blessing.

As long as you feel you can wait (no further damage occuring), it's a good decision. Make sure your surgeon has done enough to be skilled at it and find out how many were successful?

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby Ryzing » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:52 am

Thanks for the update, Lisa! I'm glad to hear you had a successful visit. my DSIL works for a pain clinic (as an LMT) and she gets great satisfaction from helping the people she treats.

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby birdlover3 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:08 pm

I’m glad you’ve found a doctor who will work to lessen your pain. The pain management clinic I go to is great. We’ll pray that the injections won’t hurt as much & will help more.
birdlover3

Return to ASAP Lounge