lousy morning

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby bri23t » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:12 pm

wow...sorry to hear ur having such a tough time...i hope ur ha goes away as quickly as possible and the dizzy spells are few and far between...happy easter!
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby Amy Joe » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:01 pm

Yes I agree with HC. Please go get it checked out. Hard floors are not very friendly to our heads.

Hope your feeling a little better now that you can get onto the site!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:40 pm

Keesha!!!

Oh my goodness! I hope you don't hesitate to go get checked out on your head. No need to tell you how serious a bump like that can be.

Maybe you better stay off your feet, huh?

I hope you're feeling better Now keep us posted on this. I'd feel better ifyou'd go get it checked but you are a grown up.

Easter blessings,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby georgiagal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:08 pm

Sorry to hear of your fall, Keesha! Ditto on getting yourself checked out & make sure hubby keeps a close eye on you.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

GG
georgiagal

Postby georgiagal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:12 pm

Just saw your update.............are you sure an ER visit isn't needed?? If not, please atleast check with your doctor tomorrow!

GG
georgiagal

Postby streetsense » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:48 pm

Keesha,
My mornings are often the worst part of the day, but yours really takes the cake. Please do get checked out, even if it seems like a waste of time, if any of your symptoms persist. Head injuries have the potential for all sorts of complications.

Oh, and no more coconut sound effects, please!
:cry:

Ouch, that's gotta hurt!
streetsense
SM 7mm T-5 to T-10 with less clearly defined extension down through the lumbar vertebrae
sleep apnea
streetsense

Postby Vagreeneys » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Please atleast call your doctor in the morning if you won't go see him. Hope you are feeling better now and I agree have DH keep a close eye on you for now.....
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby dani » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:57 pm

Ouch! That's sounds horrible Keesha. I really hope you are okay, maybe a trip to the ER isn't such a bad idea? It sounds like you took quite a heavy fall and you really shouldn't be sleeping in case you are suffering from concussion.

I've also had difficulty accessing ASAP. This is the first time I've been here since last Thursday (which would have been Wednesday there). I kept getting an error message saying that the server wasn't responding. I even pinged it but didn't get any response.

Dani
Danielle (Australia)
facebook.com/whimsicalowl

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Syringomyelia, Tethered Spinal Cord and Craniocervical Instability.

C1/C2 Fusion: 18th December 2009.
Spinal Cord Detethering: 19th November 2008.
dani

Postby prettyeyes » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:16 am

Keesha, be careful with hitting your head that hard, and let us know how you are feeling hon, best wishes to you lot's of love lisa
prettyeyes

Postby cash71 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:21 am

Keesha, please be careful. From a nurses perspective the fact that you have an altered LOC (level of consiousness) after a fall screams concussion. I think it would be worth a trip to the ER myself. At the very least have you hubby wake you up every few hours tonight and if anything worsens go to the hospital!!

I don't mean to be bossy but you have me worried :shock: You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Caroline

p.s. what would you advise someone else to do if they hit there head and now keep falling asleep? :wink:
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby Amy Joe » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:04 am

Just a reminder that it is morning! Have you called your doctor yet. Please get it checked out.

You are in my prayers today and we all hope to hear you have been seen by your NL NS TODAY!!!!!

God bless you and help heal your head quickly.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby DeeHall » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:41 am

Keesha..
I hope that you are feeling better... the fact that you passed out is not good.. you need to get checked out.. as you can see..we are all concerned about you... let us know how you are doing..

Dee
"Don't deny the diagnoses. just defy the symptoms that come with it" Norman Cousins

http://deehallstory.blogspot.com/
DeeHall

Postby Janice » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi Keesha,

I'm sorry I didn't see your message yesterday. I thought the site was still down.

I pray you are doing much better today.

If you're experiencing any vomitting, I would suggest going to the doctor/ER immediately. My daughter, years ago, fell on concrete at the babysitters house and fractured her skull. When I picked her up after work she was vomitting continuously so I rushed her to the hospital.

If you decided not to go to the ER, at least follow-up with your physician. As HC mentioned, concrete is very unforgiving.

Take care and you're in my thoughts and prayers.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby the 4ks » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:30 pm

How are you doing today Keesha? I hope better.

Keep us updated.
the 4ks

Postby georgiagal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Keesha, I'm glad to hear that you got checked out @ the ER. I had hoped the hospital had been able to help you more, but you atleast got to have things *checked out*.

You atleast had a nurse that was on top of things! (My nurse during a hospital stay found my bp @ 60/40 and cut my pain med -- thank God for her!)

Sorry your dh wasn't more helpful, but hope you're feeling better every day. Keep us posted!

Best wishes!

GG
georgiagal

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge