What kind of Easter Feast did you have?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

What kind of Easter Feast did you have?

Postby georgiagal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:53 pm

We get together a lot with my dh's family and when we do, boy is there a lot of food! So, I was wondering just what kind of feast others had? Here was our menu today:

Turkey, Gravy, Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Collards, Green Beans, Candied Yams, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mac & Cheese, Corn Casserole, Rice, Deviled Eggs, Fruit Tray ---- and for desert -- Mud Pie, 2 Pound Cakes, Brownies & Turtle Creek Bars.

Man are we stuffed!!!

GG
georgiagal

Postby angie7 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:02 pm

Lets see, we shared our day with my parents, my inlaws (including SIL and her bf) and my little girls. My brother and his family were on their way to Florida for spring break. Our menu included:

Roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, peas, broccoli & cheese, greenbean casserole, deviled eggs, slaw, and rolls. and for dessert we had cherry delight, and rice crispy treats (made with fruity pebbles for the 'easter' look)

It was VERY good and I'm still full 5 hours later :lol:
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby Vagreeneys » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:27 pm

Everyone always comes to my house for all Holidays our menu contained:

Turkey, Ham, Mashed potatoes, boiled potatoes (some are allergic to milk), gravy, sweet potatoes, corn pudding, deviled eggs and rolls. Think my memory is going forgot desert.....but noone missed it. My husband and daughter helped me cook, if not we would have been eating most of it on the floor hands were not working to well today. Hope everyone had a good Easter!!!
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby Beverley » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 am

Lets see....

Started off with a Breakfast Casserole with fruit at Church.

Then we had Ham, Turkey, Fresh Green Bean, Broccoli & Cheese, Mac & Cheese, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Cubed Potatoes, Deviled Eggs, Hot Rolls. Marbled Sheet Cake, Brownies, Fresh Strawberries.

Everyone's Favorites - It would be alot easier if someone's favorite was the same as someone elses. lol

Thank god for my MIL. She helped cook. I would still be cooking if it were not for her.

Beverley
Decompression Surgery Feb 8, 2008 w/Duraplasty & Laminectomy C-1&2
Cervical Disc Fusion 11/08 C5&6/6&7- Mild Disc Bulge L2-Focal Hemangioma
L2-L5-Lipoma 3mm L4&L5-Disc Bulge T11&T12-DDD
Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (DRD)
Beverley

Postby the 4ks » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 am

We went to my Moms and we had:

Ham, green beans, cheese potatoes, relish tray, sauteed vegetables, rolls, fruit, potatoe salad, deviled eggs.

It was so good.

My neices and nephews had fun on the Easter egg hunt. They are sooo cute.
the 4ks

Postby ke4uzj » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:38 am

we had : ham , baked beans , rolls , creamed corn , deviled eggs , fruit salad , and a homemade orange cream cake . it took me all day to fix this stuff , i would fix one thing sit 30 minutes , and on to the next . my kids helped some,but my hubby (who is a beekeeper) had to go do emergency call for bee removal. it was funny too me, because I am usually the run around hurry hurry type on the holidays , yesterday though, it was like watching a turtle try to finish a marathon :D
anyways I was rewarded by watching them stuff themselves until they couldn't move, first good meal they have had from me since before my injury .
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Janice » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 pm

We had a nice (made to go) breakfast from IHOP but other than that, I didn't have dinner. No appetite lately. I'm not even sure what my family ate because I was asleep before dinner time.

Glad to hear others enjoyed such fabulous meals.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby Sandy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:49 pm

I sat around Saturday all whining and feelin sorry for myself because it would just be the two of us and I wanted to fix a big dinner.

Easter Sunday, phone rang about 11:30 a.m. our son and daughter-in-law surprised us with a Popeye's complete chicken dinner with all the fixins.

Her mom had to cancel at her house because of the creek and all.

Oh, also when I got up Sunday morning I could barely walk and was so grateful I hadn't planned a big dinner after all.

It was wonderful.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby the 4ks » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:32 am

I'm glad it worked out for you Sandy! We love Popeye's and the red beans and rice are sooooo good!
the 4ks

Return to ASAP Lounge