posting this here too hope it's ok. want advice.

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

posting this here too hope it's ok. want advice.

Postby carlapierce6 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm

I hope it is ok to post this here too. I don't think too many people read the disability part of this forum and want advice.

went to reapply for ssdi yesterday. I am still appealing the judge's decision though. My atty told me to go ahead and reapply to protect my work credits. They said I could only reapply if I had something NEW to add to my conditions. SInce they had one of the first spelled wrong and I had told them about the EDS and the tethered cord but they never put it on there I added those to the new one. She wanted me to fill out the medical and work history report right there. I asked her if I could bring it back, and she said to bring it back tomorrow. I was like THAT quick?

I can't remember half of that stuff. The work history was the same so she told me what was on old application. Does it matter that I worked at some of the place 3 or 4 seperate times- not at one time continuously? I also have the drs records from the one who dgx me with fibromyalgia which they didn't get last time because they only asked from records from 12-2004 and went to that dr earlier that year. She said I only needed to list NEW drs or hospitals.

I have been to the dr but they said they couldn't help me, said they didn't think I had what I had been dgxd with and said TCI had racket going on. A BIG jerk is what he was. So I don't really think I want THOSE records in my case anyway. GOing to NY end of May to get checked there again. Since none of the Drs here can help me.

How should I fill out this new form? I don't have much time to get it done. I also printed some stuff out about my conditions and high-lighted my symptoms and also in my medical records. Since they have probably not even heard of all the stuff I thought it would be helpful to send along. I also printed out stuff from their Blue book with highlighted stuff about what I have and what the pain is ccomparable to. I hope it helps.

Also what if you suspect you have some things that have not been dgxd yet? Can you add those later after getting them verified? Didn't seem to work out that way the last time.

I am kind of bummed out that I could get approved this time and lose my back pay- 2 years worth. But atty told me to reapply because my work credits expire March 31 and if the appeals council denied me I would be out of luck.
Hope this works out this time.
Carla in OKC Wife to James and Mommy to 7 plus one on the way
CM, SM, EDS, TCS, CCI and whatever else they haven't figured out yet.
carlapierce6

Postby SMLady » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi. I really don't have any advice to give you, but just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers.

I think it's amazing that the doctor said that about TCI. He probably doesn't know anything about your condition and he felt inferior, so that's why he said it. People amaze me sometimes.

Good luck to you. I hope everything works out.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Vagreeneys » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:09 pm

I wish i could help you. I am just starting this process am going to the social security office on april 9th for my first appointment. I will pray for you and good luck

Heide
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby passmass » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:34 pm

Hi , I too do not have any advice to give you on this except the following.
I was blessed to be approved the first time. Keep a list of any new appts., symptoms. I am not sure if you are approved later if you can appeal to go back to the earlier date.
Don't give up Keep fighting for SSDI . I will keep praying for you too!
Thanks Passmass
EDS, SM C5-T2, CM, DDD, De-Tethered (Jan. 07), Fibromyalgia, Central Sleep Apnea, Central Pain Syndrone
passmass

Postby Terri in Cali » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:29 am

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. It is CRAP that we cannot get approved. I remember calling my medical evaluator asking her, no begging her, to come into my home and see what a day in the life was like for me.

At first I was afraid to call her as much as I did, but in the end, that is what helped me the most, just calling and calling.. and calling again :)

I really hope it all works out for you. Do you have a doctor that is one 'your' side?
Terri in Cali
ACMI 22mm herniation
Decompressed 9/4/07
Still wondering if I will ever be normal
www.beautipage.com/sonomaspa
Terri in Cali

Postby georgiagal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:29 am

I too hope all works out for you. Don't give up!

and.............Your children are just beautiful.

GG
georgiagal

Return to ASAP Lounge