Hoping to reconnect (sorry, kind of long)

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hoping to reconnect (sorry, kind of long)

Postby ket85rn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Hello to all.

I have been away from the site for quite a while. I am not quite sure why. Part of it is our house has been in turmoil with a flooding basement. Our computer desk was downstairs, luckily not near the wet areas, but still amid quite a mess. Needless to say it has been a lot of work to clean up. But now we have rearranged everything so that our "office" is on the main floor of the house. A much better situation. Our basement was finished off with paneling and carpet, which had to be ripped out, but was not heated, so now I am much more likely to use the computer during the colder months.
Also I have been going to physical therapy three times a week and was away for two weeks with my mother in South Carolina. "Driving Miss Daisy" as she calls it. I was a little concerned about tolerating such long car trip (we live in upstate NY) but all went well.
I think I have also been avoiding the whole Chiari thing. Like maybe if I ignore it will go away, right? I don't know...I suppose I thought that by reading daily posts and all I was dwelling too much on my problem and not getting back to real life. But this is my real life. I'm sorry if I'm sounding negative right now. I'm not really a negative person, I think I'm just menstrual. I have been officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few weeks ago as well and I guess I am just trying to figure out how to deal with all of this gracefully.
I am just SO tired!! And I am feeling so alone. I don't know really why today it is hitting me like this. I have been feeling rather good in general. In spite of all we have had going on I feel that God has truly blessed us through it all. But is spite of knowing that He is there for me I am feeling disconnected.
So I am hoping to reconnect here. maybe get in on the chat this week. Is it still going on Wed nights?
Thanks for letting me vent....
Karen
Karen T
Anterior Cervical Discectomy C4-5, 5-6 with fusion & plating 12/06;
Diagnosed ACM type I 4/07; Decompression Surgery 5/07;
Lumbar peritoneal shunt for pseudomeningocele 8/07;
Fibromyalgia
ket85rn

Postby bri23t » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:21 pm

hi karen...welcome back...im bri and have only been on the site for almost 2 months...

this site, as im sure u know, is great for picking u up...always someone who understands and always someone there to give great advice...

i dont have any advice to give but i wanted to say welcome back!...also where is queensbury ny?...hope ur having a good day!
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby ket85rn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi, Bri. Thanks.
Queensbury is upstate near Lake George about 45 minutes north of Albany.
I appreciate the words of welcome and look forward to reconnecting with everyone.

Karen :D
Karen T
Anterior Cervical Discectomy C4-5, 5-6 with fusion & plating 12/06;
Diagnosed ACM type I 4/07; Decompression Surgery 5/07;
Lumbar peritoneal shunt for pseudomeningocele 8/07;
Fibromyalgia
ket85rn

Postby Terri in Cali » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:36 am

Karen, WELCOME BACK!!

In my short Chiari life (9 months) I have only known about this site for about 3 months, and since then, I have come and gone many times. For me, it is depression I think. When I start getting depressed I regress into my own little cave, and stay there for a while. Then it takes me a little while to just come out for fear that people will not care or whatever my little mind wants to make me think. The bottom line it I just need to stay out of my own mind, and I will be OK :) Darn head, it keep causing me problems...

Welcome back, Iam glad you are here :)
Terri in Cali
ACMI 22mm herniation
Decompressed 9/4/07
Still wondering if I will ever be normal
www.beautipage.com/sonomaspa
Terri in Cali

Postby rose » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:51 pm

hi
sometimes people need to vent
i hope you are feeling better
there are many kind people on this site