Shingles- URGH!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:31 am

I got it once on my nose of all places. I was about 29. I remember I had to go to a meeting outside the company, and this guy I was meeting with just kept staring at my nose the entire time with a horrified look in his face!

It sure didn't help me get any modeling work! :lol:

Now when I start to get it, I know what it feels like, so that first tingle, I call my doctor.

I hope yours gets better soon Diane. I know it is so painful.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Ryzing » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:59 pm

Keesha - I've never heard of the medicine you are referring to. I am currently on Valtrex, and today I'm feeling a bit better. Thanks again for all the information!

GP - Mine have recurred in an area on my ear where at one time I had a horrendous cartilege infection due to a piercing. My ENT explained that it was a vulnerable area & that's why the shingles are picking on it. Last time it traveled down to my pinky finger, and it looked like this time it would do the same, but it stops at my shoulder.

Thanks everyone, once again for your well-wishes! They are helping tremendously.

Diane

p.s. Glenna - what's that on your nose?
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby SMLady » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:50 am

hahaha. You're a funny, funny woman.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Doggone it all anyway, Diane!

I'm really sorry about this. I thought I was coming down with them here while back but gratefully I wasn't or it was very mild.

Did you break out with the rash? How did it present I guess is my question.

I sure hope you're feeling better by now.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby Ryzing » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:11 am

Hey Sandy,

Yes, I did breakout with a few blisters, but since I got the meds in me quickly, the breakout wasn't bad at all. Right now my biggest complaint is the pain on the side of my head, neck and shoulder. The last time I had it, the breakout didn't happen for 10 days, but this time, I started getting the blisters within 3 days.

I was taking Ultram for the pain, since I can't take my beloved Ibuprofen with this Valtrex - but as often as I was taking it, it was making me sick and dizzy. Soooooo....I just take one in the AM and one at bedtime. Thanks for your concern, Sandy - and everyone else!

I've been thinking about what Beverley posted about kids who get that Chicken Pox vaccine - what will happen later in life to them with the possibilty of the vaccine wearing off? I know I didn't get the vaccine for my two kiddos - and they both had the Pox about 3 years ago. Yesterday our pastor was saying something about a shingles vaccine for people over the age of 50. Has anyone else ever heard of this?
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Previous

Return to ASAP Lounge