Yesterday was my last day, soon to start new job

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Yesterday was my last day, soon to start new job

Postby Amy Joe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:44 am

Well, it is over! Well kinda! We went into work and gave our notice and meet with all the managers. They knew it was coming and did not ask that we give 2 weeks, just not how it works in the car business.

Of course they begged for me to stay, but admitted it would be 18 months before any real changes happened to improve. Physically and mentally I can not hang around for any more promises.

I have a client base of commercial customers I don't want to lose, and they don't want to lose me so I went to 2 dealerships and got agreements to continue selling Fords to MY customers thru then! They will pay me a fee for each deal and handle all paperwork and getting the vehicle delivered. I sell it, fax it over and follow up with phone and email. Perfect!

Now instead of facing to start all over I am just enhancing my position in the market by having dual brands. This could really work out financially well.

At my new job I have explained what I will be doing and they are fine with it. It helps that I will be working for Ex Ford guys that I have worked with before!

Now I need to really be organized! But I can do it! I have also dicussed this with all my Ford reps and body company's and they will continue to support me.

God has truelly blessed me. Just as I was thinking all the hard years of work was going down the drain and dear friend advised I take this avenue with dual clients. I was able to get meetings set up and done all in 1 day with 2 dealers.

So now I will take a couple of days to get organized and send out emails.

Oh and my job I left they offered an open door if I ever want to come back. I don't ever want that but as you all advised I did not burn my bridge!

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and best wishes, you all have helped me think outside the box which at times I can get narrow minded.

Many thanks

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby dtyree » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:32 am

Boy, you really have some new roads ahead of you, a new job, a new house.

Wishing you the best as you take off, full speed ahead!!!!!

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Amy Joe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:02 am

Thank you Dave!

I just hope that I don't need triple A on these new undriven roads :lol:

Stress is alittle high but with faith I can do it! I believe these are the roads that God has paved out for all of my family. I will not be looking back, just keeping focused ahead.

Amy Joe
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby georgiagal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:14 am

Things seem to be really turning around for you, aren't they? I'm glad to know that you didn't burn any bridges and left them intact. That really says alot about how your managers feel about you.

Enjoy the next couple of days and don't overdo it! Wishing you all the best.

GG
georgiagal

Postby KyliesSis » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:37 am

Congratulations! I'm really happy that things worked out for you! :)
Proud Sister of 6 year old Kylie
SM C3-C4 and T10-T11
Tethered Cord Syndrome
Spina Bifida
Scoliosis
Kyphosis
KyliesSis

Postby Amy Joe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:25 am

HC, thanks! It is really cool under your name says Site Admin!!!!!!!

Yes I am going to do just that about the folders. I can hardly wait! DH is buying me a Laptop so I can keep all our records on the go.....

I ordered generic free business cards today from Ford with just name cell and email. We have used the slogan ETeam trucks for years so our customers know us by this, we even have it as a license plate on one of our cars that says ETeam.... Earlier I got free calenders from Ford with all our Eteam info on it.

Eteam stands for E. is the first letter in our last name and we are a Team!!

We have done many newspaper ad's over the years that say ETeam so our Ford customers will not have to hunt us, they know where we are!

Amy Joe
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby Janice » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:46 am

Hi Amy Joe,

Thanks for sharing your positive news. I wish you all the best in your new adventures.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby rose » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:47 pm

i wish you every happiness and blessing
for this chapter of your life
ra
rose

Return to ASAP Lounge