Guests in the forums

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Guests in the forums

Postby georgiagal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:54 am

Has anybody noticed the amount of guests that have been on-line in the last week-two weeks? I'm finding it incredible that I have seen anywhere from 14 guests (like right now) up to 20+.

I don't know what has spawned such an increase, but it sure is wonderful to know that this many people are getting information/assistance even though they aren't registered.

Keep on coming *Guests* and join our community! This is a wonderful place to be!

GG
georgiagal

Postby ke4uzj » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:10 am

it would be nice if some of these guests are doctors reading our stories and getting more info on our pain and problems......
now,that would be awesome!!!!!!
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

How do you know who is a guest?

Postby starmoon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:04 pm

Where on our asap web site does it say they are a guests?

Starmoon
starmoon

Postby rainbowz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:17 pm

A lot of those guests are probably actually members. I never log on to check the posts, but I am on a couple times a day so therefore, I would be shown as a guest. I log in only when I want to post or check messages.
Thoracic SM T3-T8
Herniated discs T1-T2 and T9-T10
10 degree Scoliosis T4-T9
rainbowz

Postby Casey784 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:10 pm

This post inspired me to register. Thanks for the incentive. I've been dropping by a couple times a day for the past few weeks as I struggle to come to terms with my "new life".

My name is Casey and I am a 43 year old mother to two amazing kids. I have a 5.5 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. I stay at home and have since my son was born.

My short story:
After 9 months of various symptoms, several doctor appointments (being brushed off and told the things I was experiencing couldn't possible be connected, etc) and a few medical tests, January found me in an MRI machine. I had a brain, cervical and thoracic scan due to numbness/tingling, muscle weakness and the internal cold feeling that I believe people call "cold burning sensation". Those symptoms developed rapidly, within a few weeks time and escalated which sent me to the ER and then to a neuro-guy. I was dx'd as having syringomyelia T6-T10. Apparently it is trauma induced as I broke L2 and have a fusion at L2/L3. They specifically wanted additional MRI scans to rule out Chiari (the doc insisted we rule it out before he felt comfortable giving a dx. I appreciate his candor and follow through).

Fast-forward to today and I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that this is just how life is now. It sucks and I'm angry still...and scared. Mostly ticked off though, if I were to be honest. :)

So that's my condensed version of a story. Again, thanks for your post which encouraged me to register. I have been reading through posts and it's been helpful to know you are all out there. Thank you for that. I'm glad I found this place.
Casey784

Postby ke4uzj » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:13 pm

welcome casey...

i know the feelings of anger , i have been dealing with this since just august due to injury . i am trying to find ways to deal other than anger but, sometimes it doesn't help. if you need someone to vent to i am here just about 24/7 cause now i have no life (yet).
take care , and welcome though i wish you didn't need to be here :D
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Snoozie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi Casey, welcome to the group...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby georgiagal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 pm

Welcome to ASAP, Casey! So glad you found a place to come and learn about what's happening to you, but sad you have to!

Everyone here will relate to your being scared/confused/angry, etc., on some level. This community gives you a soft place to land -- whether you have questions, concerns or just want to really let it all out and vent, the support you'll receive is second to none.

I'm so happy that my post recognizing the guests gave you the incentive to to register with us. Maybe your story, registering and acknowleding what's happening to you will in turn inspire someone else to come out *from behind the scenes*.

Again, welcome! I, and others, look forward to hearing from you and learning of your progress. (((((((((hugs)))))))))))), take care and be easy on yourself.

GG
georgiagal

Postby Janice » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi Casey and Welcome!!

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and it's pretty much how my syrinx developed (from a fracture at L4).

It actually took me about 8-9 months to accept this "new life" and move on.

Were you told the size of your syrinx? I'm happy to hear that your doctor acknowledges your syrinx as the cause of your symptoms. For some, it has taken years to find the right doctor.

If you haven't already, and would like to, check with your PCP about a referral to pain management if pain is something you're struggling with. They can be miracle workers for long-term treatment.

I have SM too and in August it will be 2 years since dx. There are times when I fall back into denial but then I have to pick myself up again and accept each change.

Take care and I'm here if you have any questions.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby kiminfla » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Welcome Casey! I have CM, no SM, but we're all in this together and I hope you find a lot of support here (I'm sure you will, IMHO, it's the best support group around!) I'm sure you'll find, as many of us have, that the path of wellness is much easier when you're not traveling alone... Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Hi Casy784,

Postby starmoon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Welcome to the board. This a great support group with members who are all there for each other.

My SM is also considered post-traumatic SM from a whiplash injury with progression.

One this web site, if you go to anoucements, then to sticky:via abv. open up Dr. Bolognese site, and look at the videos he has one on SM. It is very interesting. Today was the first time I looked at it. He well explains causes of SM.

We also communicate with our private messages.

You are not alone.

Look up Kubler Ross on the web site, the stages of grieving. Even as a RN I still go back in forth in those stages, I think we all do.

We are all here for you!

Starmoon
starmoon

Postby Vagreeneys » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Hi Casy,
Welcome to the group DITTO on all of the above. We are all here for you and have been in that same boat.

Heide
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby Casey784 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Thanks for the great welcome messages everyone! I'm glad I finally registered and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

-Casey
Casey784

Return to ASAP Lounge