Why are things to complicated anymore?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Why are things to complicated anymore?

Postby angie7 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:38 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else think that businesses make things more complicated then before? I thought with computers being so advanced that people would do their jobs better? I always have to chase my own tail when it comes to anything it seems. I always have to follow up with my ins company b/c the place in CO where I had my surgery, cant seem to get the address straight (even though I have told them a number of times and they have a COPY of my ins card) but yet they still send me threatning letters about going to collections if I dont pay them thousands of dollars!!!! My ins covers 100% people!! Just send it to X address that is in your computer, that is on file, and is on my ins card and they will PAY!

The latest being dealing my own doctor. I made an apt, paid a co-pay for him to fill out disability forms for my student loans and a handicap parking card. I explained to him that had just got approved for SSD and he agreed that he would fill them out. He said it should be done in a few days. I called and called, no one knew what I was talking about. Finally at 2 weeks, I called someone else who couldnt find it either. I said, fine, I'll get another copy and bring them to you. Later that day, I found that they gave me back the original, he didnt even fill them out! His nurse gave them back to me (I brought in all my SSD paperwork, plus the student loan paperwork so I didnt look while I was there b/c I had so much already)

Finally, I get them to someone that can fill them out. My dh went and picked them up yesterday. My handicap parking looks great, going today to get that. While I was putting my student loan paperwork in the envelope to mail it, I had to fill out a 'checklist' and send that back as well. Well at the very bottom "must be the orignal, written in black ink, no faxes/copies can be submitted" Guess what? It was a COPY!!! So now I have to drive back, pick up the orginal and *hope* the student loan people approve this.... :roll:

Drives me crazy!!!!
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby Ryzing » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi Angie,

I can sympathize with the insurance/collections thing. Back in '06 my husband had some cancerous moles removed. At the time, we had Medical Mutual of Ohio - and they didn't pay for the biopsy (which we didn't know about until recently) because they said we weren't insured through them. (???) So this past November, they sent us a threatening letter (and every month after until recently) stating that if we didn't pay them $378 at once, they were going to turn us over to collections. Luckily, my husband's company paid the tab because they no longer use Medical Mutual, but Anthem.
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby Janice » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Angie,

I'm currently going through two of your situations. The wheelchair rental (before I got my own) and student loans (SL).

I have called the company many times and say the same thing and they still keep billing me instead of the insurance company.

The doctor told me they filled out the SL paperwork and then I get a letter of denial in the mail because they never rec'd paperwork from the doctor.

I finally worked with the SL person so that the doctor could fax my records over.

I agree with everything you said and it is so darn frustrating!!!! :x

Take care and I hope all this eventually works out for you (and me too).
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby Snoozie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:05 pm

I wish I had an answer for you but I am still fighting a insurance battle myself.

I went to the ER back in Oct and the insurance denied the claim as they felt is was not an emergency. Let's see---cannot turn head, excrutiating pain and facial numbness that is worse than my usual facial numbness.

So we fight the insurance they approve the claim, pay their portion but not before it went to collections and I have to argue with the collections guy. Never got a bill as they wrote my zip code down wrong which I called the doc, the hospital and the collection agency. Send me a bill and I will take care of it. Sounds simple right?

So I am woke up this morning, it is the hospital billing telling me I have a copay due and they keep getting returned mail...well duh, if anyone would listen when I tell them over and over the zip code is wrong I would pay the bill.

So today I paid the bill through the phone service, but who wants to bet that since the hospital still had the wrong zip that I will get another call from the doc saying you owe a copay.

The thing that gets me is they made a copy of my drivers license which clearly has my right address so go figure...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby SMLady » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:53 am

Our company just changed our insurance. omigosh. What a nightmare. Now I can't even get an MRI without being pre-approved. And they don't pay as much as my old company, and I have to pay more per month. Its crazy.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

world today

Postby razzle51 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Corporate America
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby SMLady » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:26 pm

When I first started working at this company 27 years ago (did I just say that outloud?) we got FREE insurance, and it covered 90% of everything we had done, and there was no co-pay.

Now we have to pay out the nose, and it only covers 70% of SOME of the things we have done.

When will it end? Till we no longer have any insurance at all????
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Return to ASAP Lounge