From *poor me* to Grateful!!!!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

From *poor me* to Grateful!!!!

Postby georgiagal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:38 pm

For several reasons, I found myself down-n-out today. Just one of those *poor me* days. It got me to thinking back to 4 years ago when I had my tumor removed. This week, 4 years ago, I was 2 weeks post op and absolutely hating life.

Now when I look back, I can thank a bout w/diverticulitis for allowing this tumor to be discovered. I've talked here about it a bit before. But just in case there are newbies looking, this is NOT related to CM/SM/TCS or anything of the sort. This was *just* a benign tumor that grew around nerves and one of my spinal facets.

There is no telling how long I had this growing in my back, probably 20+ years. The alternative to not find this would have been ultimate paralysis of lower body. Thank God for diverticulitis, huh!

Anyway, this really got me to realize that I have something really powerful to hang onto when I think *poor me*. Not that this is the only thing in my life to be grateful for, as I have many things, but this is just one tangible, "put-your-hands-on" and feel something to hold onto.

Just a little post to pull me out of the depression pit! I've put a couple pics on here so you can see just what I'm talking about (this was the size of approx. 2 eggs). Thanks for all the help so many of you have provided (and will continue to provide) for me.....yet another tangible "to be grateful for" area of my life.

Take care ya'll. Talk to ya soon.

GG

ImageImage
georgiagal

Postby kiminfla » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:06 pm

GG, I'm in absolute agreement that there is much to be thankful for and I know I'm blessed as well. I'm glad your situation had such a positive outcome! While we're on the topic of gratitude...just wanted to share that you've been a wonderful addition to our community and I'm grateful that you're here (although I certainly wish you and dh didn't have the need to be here, if that makes sense)...You're a blessing! As always, Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby rose » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:45 pm

hi
you certainly have been through alot
i am so glad that things have come around for you
you must have great inner strength
all the best
ra
rose

WOW

Postby preciousheide » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Wow, I could not imagine going through something like that! You are amazing.

Not to encourage depression, but I do feel that we all deserve a " poor me" day. Especially with the unique things we are dealing with, Just as long as we are able to bounce back.

You seem to have a great head and heart on you, so no worries, if you ever need to chat I would be more than happy.

GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO LOOK AT THE POSITIVE, THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN REALLY WORKING ON! THANKS FOR SHARING.
preciousheide

Postby cash71 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Wow those are some amazing pics GG. I am so glad that you found the tumor and had a successful surgery. Thank you for the reminder to count our blessings.

hugs,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby Casey784 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:36 pm

I love that you can be grateful. I am working on "counting my many blessings" every day. I'm so glad that things turned out much better than they might have. Blessed indeed!
Casey784

Postby ke4uzj » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:28 pm

God works in mysterious ways GeorgiaGal......He knew he had to do something to let you find the big thing . I am so glad you know you have things to be grateful for. I know I have 4 things to be grateful for on those whoa is me days ( hubby and 3 beautiful annoying, bratty children) If it were not for them I don't think I could deal . Hope tomorrow is a better day for you, and , there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. we all have a purpose, and God has a reason for our problems, we just have to wait to see what they are.
Much Love,
Patty
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Vagreeneys » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:30 pm

It was a blessing to have found it and congrats on the 1 year anniversary of your surgery.....everyone does need apoor me day but you will bounce out of it.

Hope you are feeling better now

Heide
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby Amy Joe » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:30 am

GG, you really are amazing! Those pics were scary! I have a very dear friend rocovering from surgery. He kept bleeding when he ya know went. This went on for several weeks and he didn/t want to tell his wife who is a nurse.

Finally it got to the point where he would stand up and bleed. So he went to the ER. They admitted him and scoped him and found 44 polups. They turned out to be noncancer, but he was told they were clustered in a way they would have turned cancerous. Turns out he had to have a hemroidectomy. He is my best friend! Thank the good lord he had a "pain in the a**".

God works in mysterous ways doesnt he!

Thank you for sharing with us! You deserve a bottle of wine, and a day at the spa!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby the 4ks » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:25 am

You are such a strong person! I am glad they found the tumor when they did, so it didn't get worse!

Stay strong!
the 4ks

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi GG,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through this. It was definitely a very large tumor and thank GOD they found it and removed it to prevent further damage and problems.

Take care and I hope you're feeling better today.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for the *pick-me-ups*, everyone. Things will get better, I just sometimes loose the good attitude!!
:D
GG
georgiagal

Postby PittyPatty » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:46 pm

Wow GG - I am awe of your pics! Congratulations on reaching the one year mark.

PittyPatty
PittyPatty

Postby LB2772 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:08 am

This place does make you feel better when you are having a *poor me* day. I had one today too, and I realized it had been awhile since I had been on the site. It helps to have people who know what your going through. MRI's pics always make me feel that I know someone better after seeing them. That was a crazy image, seeing that big mass on your MRI. I am so glad it's gone! Hope tomorrow is a great day for you.

Laura
LB2772

Return to ASAP Lounge