Wondering if this is trauma or lifelong

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby Amy Joe » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:15 am

My MVA was 11/05. The insurance company has wanted to settle several times and with my lawyer has told them NO.

The guy who hit me has minimal insurance, max payment of 50K less fees. My life has changed forever from this.

I don't talk with my lawyer but every 3-4 weeks, just to update and forward records.

When I am ready then we can settle. However I did some research on the guy who hit me and he owns property with no mortgage.

My first priorty is to get a handle on my own care, answers to questions. So far all but 1 dr I have been to have reported ACM exsaberated by MVA. The 1 idiot first NL said whiplash and "you don't want to be messing with ACM".

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby KyliesSis » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:19 am

Hello,

When my sister went to the Dr's, they told her she was born with it so they wouldn't have to deal with her. When we went to Dr. Frim, he told her that she had Tethered Cord, Spina Bifida, and Syringomyelia.

The doctors that she saw before all told her that she was born with it, that she shouldnt worry about it. They didn't bother looking for a cause.

I agree with Caroline, they use it as a cop out, try and see if you can get that MRI. That way you know for sure.
Proud Sister of 6 year old Kylie
SM C3-C4 and T10-T11
Tethered Cord Syndrome
Spina Bifida
Scoliosis
Kyphosis
KyliesSis

Postby akgirl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Please let me know if there should be some cut off as to how long a topic can go on.

Here's some more to my story. I was also rear-ended 10 years ago (the day Princess Diana died). I worked with a Chiropractor and he helped me get mobility back into my neck. It also affected my right shoulder so I've had some pain with that over the years. I got a lawyer then and signed off when I was finished with the Chiropractor. Since then I had some X-rays done (about 3 years ago) when I decided to go back to a Chiropractor and the Disc Disease showed up. He said that I was way to young to have x-rays that looked like that.
I'm guessing that the DD is from the car accident. My DH thinks that my Syrinx is also from the accident and not just from the fall I had in June. I disagree because all of the pain and now symptoms began after the fall. Also the Syrinx is T10-T12 and I basically had whiplash.
So when I told my PCP I wanted an MRI we did the neck, shoulder and spine and just the SM showed up (not CM).
So I contacted a lawyer and he said he would take my case but it's going to be almost impossible to prove the hotel was neglegant and that they did or didn't do something to cause the fall. I'm just not sure I want to persue it but I don't want to screw myself either.
I'm just trying to educate myself as much as possible with all of this.

Again, I so appreciate all of your posts and answers to my questions.
Karen
akgirl

Postby donny » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi again,
The attorney is right in asking the question and its somthing you need to ask yourself was the hotel negligent in a manner that would cause a person to fall and can this be proven. A rearend collision is easy to prove whos at fault but a fall is much differant
Take care
Don
donny

Previous

Return to ASAP Lounge