keesha's blog with letter about chronic pain

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

keesha's blog with letter about chronic pain

Postby carlapierce6 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:53 pm

Keesha, I hope it was ok to send the letter you had posted to people without chronic pain. I sent it to my "friend" who is always trying to get me out to do stuff. She recently signed up my 4 older children for soccer, of which 2 only want to do it now, THANK Goodness. But it is taking out 3 days of my time, ESP Saturday- the ONLY day I may get a break or get to sleep in since once I usually get to sleep at night it is time for them to get up for school. I can barely make it across the field to take them to practice.

I am not happy about it at all. I told her since she signed them up for it- she can take them to practice. Games are on Saturdays- some start at 9 am. She is older and retired. She stays up past midnight and sleeps til noon. She also told me my laundry room was a shame. I said feel free to come and do it. I can't. It's only 3 ft high a whole room across :oops:
It is hard enough to get what little I may get done in a day- which hasn't been much lately.

I really feel the letter might tell her how I feel. I told her I have an appt to go back to TCI and she said it really isn't feasible. Which is the same thing she said when I went 2 yrs ago and had surgery. There are NO drs here willing to help me so yes it is.

Hope it was ok to use since it had author unknown. THanks
Carla in OKC Wife to James and Mommy to 7 plus one on the way
CM, SM, EDS, TCS, CCI and whatever else they haven't figured out yet.
carlapierce6

Postby ke4uzj » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Tell her this :

Oh I am sooooooooo sorry I can't be like you, maybe if you come over 4 days a week and do it for me for about 6 months maybe I can learn how to do it right. But, I am a slow learner so it may take a whole year before I catch on . That might put the brakes on her :lol:
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby MorningBroken » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:41 am

Just wanted to drop a post to ya Keesha, the letter is totally FAB!!! The site is absolutely remarkable. You GO GIRL!!!!

God Bless Us, Everyone!!!!

Dawn
MorningBroken

Postby ke4uzj » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:05 am

Keesha , I just now got to read the letter, i didn't see it before . I (if it is ok with you) will be sending this letter in it's entirity to my friends and family . thank you so much for making it available to us .
I think it might work better than my usual smartbutt :wink: comments I usually use; like the one I posted above (although that one does work :D )
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:26 am

Bummer! I can't get to the site. Work has it on our "banned" list. Can you email it to me? I'd really love to read it.

Thanks!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:58 am

Keesha, I sent you a PM.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
SMLady

Postby Vagreeneys » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:52 am

That letter is awesome!!!!!! If you don't mind i plan to send it to some friends thanks!!!
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:17 am

Thank you Keesha! Even though I believe I understand the pain my dh has, this is a really good reference for me when I get frustrated.

GG
georgiagal

Postby SMLady » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks, Keesha. I got it. That pretty much sums it up for me. You explained it perfectly. Maybe when I show this to people they might get a better understanding of what I'm going through.
Proud Mom of One Son
SMLady

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Keesha,

This was absolutely wonderful. Thank you for posting it on your blog and allowing others the opportunity to view it.

Your kindness and selflessness is greatly appreciated.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to ASAP Lounge