Lambeaulady's DH, Danyap, Beverley, Dmyntti, Ash, hikealaska

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Ditto what Keesha said! I think a lot of us would love to know how things are going and whether or not we should offer up some :D and (((((hugs))))).

GG
georgiagal

Postby Beverley » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:53 pm

I am having a wonderful recovery from the Decompresion Surgery/ w Laminactomy (C1, C2), Duraplasty.

I have had a bit of a set back becaue of this Bronchitis that seems to have taken over my body. Like I mentioned in another post. I feel worse from my head being so congested than from the surgery. I thought it was going to explode the other day. It is a little bit better now.

I am still trying to find a Phyiscal Therapist, (havn't contacted the others yet because I can't go anyway) lol. I hope to fix that next week. I am taking the rest of this week to feel better.

All in all, I have noticed my balance is much better, walking better but needs work. Hand weakness is better but needs work. Neck/Arm/Shoulder pain mostly gone, Eye pressure/strain is gone. Overall I am moving better and faster than before surgery.
No really bad HA, just pressure from the congestion.

All in all, I don't think I could have asked for a better recovery.

Beverley
Decompression Surgery Feb 8, 2008 w/Duraplasty & Laminectomy C-1&2
Cervical Disc Fusion 11/08 C5&6/6&7- Mild Disc Bulge L2-Focal Hemangioma
L2-L5-Lipoma 3mm L4&L5-Disc Bulge T11&T12-DDD
Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (DRD)
Beverley

Beverley

Postby kimbalock » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi, Beverley. Glad to hear your recovery is going well. My days are ticking by fast and I'll be in surgery in less than one week. I'm scared but anxious to feel better. I may very well call you after surgery since I'll be off work for so long. Right now, my days are filled with working with 45 four year olds in a pre-k classroom so I'm sure to get bored quickly. : -)

This is an awesome site and itt's nice to have other Marylanders to connect with.
Kim
kimbalock

Surgery Recovery

Postby hikealaska » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Thank you for your concern. I am home, and have been never been happier to be here.

I am surprised that I feel as good as I do. The pain is lessening everyday. My neck is very very stiff. You don't realize how much you rely on being able to look side to side until you lose the ability.

I will start physical therapy as soon as my stitches are out. I have a therapist that I have worked with for about a year. He is very nervous about touching me until he gets detailed instruction from TCI.

The best news for me is that I am narcotic free. I am down to one muscle relaxer (robaxin) and Gabapentin. It is astounding how liberating the lack of heavy pain relievers is.

Thanks again, and I will keep you posted. Stitches out Wednesday.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby Beverley » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:40 pm

Kim,

Your scheduled for the 2nd of April right?? I helped me to stay super busy before surgery. You are definately in my prayers that your surgery/recovery goes well. Don't hesitate to call anytime.

Karen,

You sound like you are doing well. I am glad. I to had the stiff neck at first. I just feels so tight. Mine had gotten alot better. I still have some numbness on the left back of my head but I don't notice it as much anymore. Sometimes I think I am feeling some tingling there so who knows maybe it will come back a bit more. I only thing I am taking is Flexeril and to be honest, I am not sure if I need it or not. I only take 10 mg at night.

Beverley
Decompression Surgery Feb 8, 2008 w/Duraplasty & Laminectomy C-1&2
Cervical Disc Fusion 11/08 C5&6/6&7- Mild Disc Bulge L2-Focal Hemangioma
L2-L5-Lipoma 3mm L4&L5-Disc Bulge T11&T12-DDD
Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (DRD)
Beverley

Postby Vagreeneys » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Glad that everyone who responded is doing so well after surgery HUGS(()) to everyone

Heide
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby dmyntti » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:21 am

I am one month post op from TCS surgery at TCI. I am doing well and returned to work this week. So far it looks like a success and I hope to return to a reasonbly normal life soon.
dmyntti

Postby birdlover3 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:01 am

I was glad to read of the improvements you’ve each had. I’ll pray that the pain and symptoms you each still have will be more manageable and less painful. Bronchitis, or even a cold, has to be terrible after surgery.

Kim, I’ll be praying for your upcoming surgery.
birdlover3

Return to ASAP Lounge